Cool clear water! IMG_2907.jpeg

❤️A❤️lex, we all need time with others. I love my hubby very much - he is a dear! But....I also need my chooks and ducks for therapy and enjoyment, my family, and friends. Just like Jaffar - he loves you and needs you/wants to be around you, but he also needs his lady friends, needs to have a 'chicken purpose' (i.e. take care of his l❤️adies!), and a chance to do 'chicken things'. It doesn't mean he loves you any less.❤️

Just like you need church and church friends in addition to your chooks......❣️❣️❣️❣️
When I pick him up and hold him, he stops being a rooster and starts being a baby. He melts right into my lap.

Danger! Danger!

Mr P was pitching a fit here…..

What a good boy he is!!!! ❤️❤️❤️Given they (chickens) are on nearly everyone's menu, it is good for him to sound the alarm on a rabbit until they spend enough time with rabbits around to learn that they aren't a threat! ❤️❤️ Lets hope for all involved that they realize that sooner then later - stress is never good for anyone!

I sure don’t like sharing my blood with the mosquitoes 🦟!
My place is near the river and several ponds. A mosquito paradise!
The little clip on rechargeable fan that @micstrachan posted about way back is really effective at keeping them off you.
I even got one that hangs around my neck to keep them off my face.
Seriously one of the best investments ever. And you can also use them to cool down the chicken coop.
Michelle has some with a misting system included. It is so humid here I skipped that bit and just have the fans. They are the only way I can sit out with the mosquitoes in full force. So far this year it has been such a drought that they haven’t been so bad - but rain is forecast for Monday so by Wednesday or so there will be clouds of the little bloodsuckers.
Here is a link to the kind of fan I am talking about.

10000mAh Portable Fan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092D8FTFK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Last edited:
This update does not surprise me although saddens me. I lost the very tiny silkie mix. I have been worried about this chick since the moment it hatched. I have never had one hatch that tiny, even a pure silkie. It ate and drank and I even treated it since day 1 with save a chick. At 5 days old it never grew. Yes it was sporting wing feathers instead of down but it was clearly failing to thrive. This past week has just sucked. I am very close to being mentally done with chicks this season.

The little clip on rechargeable fan that @micstrachan posted about way back is really effective at keeping them off you.
I even got one that hangs around my neck to keep them off my face.
Seriously one of the best investments ever. And you can also use them to cool down the chicken coop.
Michelle has some with a misting system included. It is so humid here I skipped that but and just have the fans. They ate the only way I can sit out with the mosquitoes in full force. So far this year it has been such a drought that they haven’t been so bad - but rain is forecast for Monday so by Wednesday or so there will be clouds of the little bloodsuckers.
Here is a link to the kind of fan I am talking about.

10000mAh Portable Fan... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092D8FTFK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Broody chickens are bloodsucking too.

This update does not surprise me although saddens me. I lost the very tiny silkie mix. I have been worried about this chick since the moment it hatched. I have never had one hatch that tiny, even a pure silkie. It ate and drank and I even treated it since day 1 with save a chick. At 5 days old it never grew. Yes it was sporting wing feathers instead of down but it was clearly failing to thrive. This past week has just sucked. I am very close to being mentally done with chicks this season.
:hugs

Oh no. So sorry.
:hugs

If you are at wits end, follow the advice that my therapist recommended. She said “pay the receptionist on your way out!”
But seriously. You’ve had some bad luck with the chicks, and that’s so sad to hear about. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom