Because the rest are in process, and she doesn't want to be touched, nor to show her 'half-dressed' body. Give her time to finish getting 'gussied up' with her new feathers!

Geeze, impatient guys, beauty takes time, you know ;)

:gig:gig
Then why are people so proud to show off their poor molting birds? What a crazy embarrassment! :confused:

Oh! You need to put spoilers for those bad molting pictures. I don't know what it is - it looks so miserable and uncomfortable it really gets to me!
I know it is normal and natural and they are OK - but honestly it looks terribly painful.
Sounds like my last marriage. Looks great on the outside, (with a lot of work)
But definitely still ugly on the inside! (Just saying) :old

Got some new pics, took Sherlock for a walk, washed some dishes, checked dates on last year's moults. Mid October at least for Nellie and Pear (and they look the same, so same moulting pattern, just running a month earlier).

New pics
View attachment 3640328Jessica is looking mostly done and FIIIINE!

View attachment 3640329Thing's mass of pin feathers

View attachment 3640331Primula is also a mass of pin feathers, looks like a bit ahead of Thing.

View attachment 3640330Nellie, as rumpled as last year, seems a bit perkier though. Pear has done her vanishing act again. Finds a spot to hide from ALL and graze on whatever her food of choice is. Last night, she was the last one back to the coop, at 3/4 dark.

View attachment 3640333Storm's 2 tone plumage.

View attachment 3640334Tailless roos, Whiskey above, Hector belowView attachment 3640335That's Mera with him.

View attachment 3640332And Nox for comparison. She's working on her tail, yet, so resting where she can't be picked on.

View attachment 3640340Pippa is demonstrating the STYLISH moult. Hasnt really started growing pins yet.

View attachment 3640341And a shot of the Invasion with Hector, Primula and Mera. Havoc, Enigma, and Tuff are almost as big as Mera. They still have some filling out to do, though.
Beautiful! I see what looks like bits of blood on Thing and Primula. They’re still getting attentions from the roosters, and it’s breaking pins maybe?

Here some tax for all pigeon stuff.
PXL_20230919_192906677.jpg
PXL_20230916_194435502.jpg
PXL_20230913_234608580.jpg

Oh! You need to put spoilers for those bad molting pictures. I don't know what it is - it looks so miserable and uncomfortable it really gets to me!
I know it is normal and natural and they are OK - but honestly it looks terribly painful.
Both Thing and Primula are out running about. It looks like their backs are the only pins they're sporting at the moment. The breast/belly and leg pins seem more painful. Any time they move.... those are the pics I will put behind spoilers. No one besides Nellie seems to be doing those at the moment and Nellie won't get close enough for me to check (can't blame her on that, either).

Everyone is eating, so no "food isn't worth moving around for" misery (good)

20230920_091812.jpg

Indigo, debating about telling me off for taking her pic.

I'll try to remember to at least put WARNING at the beginning for you, though.

Last edited:
Beautiful! I see what looks like bits of blood on Thing and Primula. They’re still getting attentions from the roosters, and it’s breaking pins maybe?
Thing smeared something on some of her feathers. Maybe a bit of egg yolk. Looks more yellow in reality. She stayed in a nest box yesterday and popped all the pins out.

Primula doesn't seem to have any broken /bleeding pins either. Not sure if Hector is mating with her or if he and Whiskey are also uncomfortable enough to leave off. The little boys might be trying, but the big boys (and some of the girls) are thumping them so they're not trying very hard yet.

Back
Top Bottom