I'm starting to feel that way too....the next generation... I'm probably going to set something up on the computer just so I can keep track...
The next generation was exactly what I was thinking - that I can barely follow now and it's only going to get more complicated really soon!

That’s wonderful! How many days do you give the Baytril?
Five days, unless her symptoms don't clear up, then I'll extend it. Plan is five days' worth of the dose 2x/day. But it'll technically be six because the first dose was the afternoon of the first "day" so last dose will be the morning of the sixth.

Five days, unless her symptoms don't clear up, then I'll extend it. Plan is five days' worth of the dose 2x/day. But it'll technically be six because the first dose was the afternoon of the first "day" so last dose will be the morning of the sixth.
10 doses gotcha. I am so glad she is doing better 💕

Shan, child of Primula or Belladonna and Cheetah
20231108_094440.jpg

And how many chooks can lounge under a tree?
20231108_094319.jpg
Don't answer, I honestly have no idea. Whiskey, Indigo, and Pear are in a vertical row, with Blanche or PITA on the left, but there are more in there and I can't tell who. It was a big puddle of sunning feathers

Hey everyone! Hope all your chickens, and you, are well tonight. Tried to catch Eenie to get a closer look at her tonight and she's decided she's had enough of being handled I guess. So, from a distance (of a couple feet) she seems good. She seems like she's got no meat on her neck...but other than that. :confused: She happily ate meal worms from my hand, without getting close enough to actually grab.

Having a bit of trouble finding a "home" for Manny darnit! The fella we were told to call got 6 from my husband's cousin (they got 11 chicks that were all supposed to be pullets.. :rolleyes: ) So back to looking.

Still haven't decided on Tres. Do you think the ladies can teach him to behave? It would still be 1 roo to 4 hens... not great, until we get a couple more next spring.

No eggs at all today. Fall is having its evil way. And after I bragged on Sheba. :) Oh well. I wonder what color Uno will lay?

Later all.

Hey everyone! Hope all your chickens, and you, are well tonight. Tried to catch Eenie to get a closer look at her tonight and she's decided she's had enough of being handled I guess. So, from a distance (of a couple feet) she seems good. She seems like she's got no meat on her neck...but other than that. :confused: She happily ate meal worms from my hand, without getting close enough to actually grab.

Having a bit of trouble finding a "home" for Manny darnit! The fella we were told to call got 6 from my husband's cousin (they got 11 chicks that were all supposed to be pullets.. :rolleyes: ) So back to looking.

Still haven't decided on Tres. Do you think the ladies can teach him to behave? It would still be 1 roo to 4 hens... not great, until we get a couple more next spring.

No eggs at all today. Fall is having its evil way. And after I bragged on Sheba. :) Oh well. I wonder what color Uno will lay?

Later all.
Well hello!

So glad Eanie is doing better, chickens are pretty tough I find.

I can’t speak to your wee little cockerel, and I would hate to give my jaded advice.

Will you be getting grown hens? Or chicks next year?

Later all.
Unless you find a place that will take one or both and you're okay with it (being dinner) then keep Tres back and see how it goes.
Eenie acting more afraid of either of them, or really it's just Manny she wants to avoid?

Later all.
She must have muscles there on her neck (and the skin is gone) or she wouldn't be able to control her neck. I wonder if the skin will grow in from the sides and together by itself or if you should be caring for it in a special way to facilitate that.

Are you medicating your bird, or celebrating Kwanzaa ? :barnie

Back
Top Bottom