Hahahahaha

Well they have you sort of well trained! You just need to learn chicken talk a bit better 😆
I was only saying that exact same thing too my neighbour the other day as princess was talking to me while she was looking at her shadow on the wall 🤔. I told her, it was her shadow but I don't think she believed me.

1000001721.jpg

Last edited:
You should see if Perrie will buddy up with them. I got Marty as a lone pullet and then when I got Mr P the two of them bonded as they were the newbies. 😊
So that’s why they’re so close! What were Marty and Mr P’s age differences?
If Perry is four or five ish months now (and pinking up!), her best bets were probably Whiskey and Albert. She’ll be a full fledged laying hen by the time the new chicks are even making their way out of the brooder.

I have an order of six 🐥 🐥 to pick up in March, but will only keep two. So they’ll have their buddy for sure. Perry being alone is never something I would have chosen for her, poor thing.
Oh yes I think I remember you stating that. Can you refresh my memory as to breed? Can’t wait to see them!

I was only saying that exact same thing to my neighbour the other day as princess was talking to me while she was looking at her shadow on the wall 🤔. I told her, it was her shadow but I don't think she believed me.

View attachment 3733961
Hello Marie! I was wondering were you got to.

I luuuuuvs seeing Princess 💕

So that’s why they’re so close! What were Marty and Mr P’s age differences?
If Perry is four or five ish months now (and pinking up!), her best bets were probably Whiskey and Albert. She’ll be a full fledged laying hen by the time the new chicks are even making their way out of the brooder.
Yes they were same age, grown. But it might work if she doesn’t have a flock of her own to attach herself to. 💕❤️

Soooo, a thing happened this morning. I have a new egg. It was laid in the coop before I let everyone out. The only girls who slept in the coop were Lilly, the 2 rocks, Spot, Owly and Poppet. I have 3 pullets who could have laid this, Spot, Owly or Poppet. The egg was right in front of Poppets little house. I suspect it is either Poppets or gulp, Owly's.
I know I have joked Owly could lay a pink egg. I think she took me seriously.
View attachment 3733528
Pink eggs!

20240117_182109.jpg

Oh yes I think I remember you stating that. Can you refresh my memory as to breed? Can’t wait to see them!
It’ll be three Black Copper Marans, and three Olive eggers. They won’t be sexed, so fingers crossed there will be a nice pullet of each variety that gets to stay. (Fingers double crossed there’s a SPLASH olive egger w/ a beard that comes home w me!! :fl )

I’ve never ordered straight from a farm before, but it seems that’s the only way to find quality BCM. And the breeder stock likely have nicer living conditions than they would at a hatchery. Or at least that’s what their social media posts featuring chickens on green grass lead me to believe.

Back
Top Bottom