View attachment 3734138
Snowbird's fluffy butt from 2022 for tax. It amazes me how clean he stays!
Princess says, she is absolutely disgusted.

1000001743.jpg

:D :gig

Well well well!
I went to close Perry’s cage up for the night so she wouldn’t be picked on in the morning, and just about panicked when she wasn’t there. Looking around, I finally spotted the stow away.
Looks like she’s a tough little cookie! Willing to put up with a little pain for the sake of roost friends 😭 Also willing to sleep on the poop board for it lol. My heart, I’m so proud of her! And right under Becky’s beak, of all places.
View attachment 3733925

All this integration drama has me wanting to actually measure out the run and have you all weigh in on whether adding two new chicks in the Spring is a good/bad idea.
Yep Perry's got spirit - she's gonna be fine! I think she'll work out a place on the roost bar soon enough too ❤️

I think a better question: how many chickens fit on top of the "brand new" door roost?

Edit: and how many silkies will be up there?
None better be the answer hahahaha !

Though I have noted that the chicks are getting adventurous flying up on things and even roosting up on the ledge with mama during the day. I am sure that Bert will be an eggcellent flier, not sure about Betty with her Frizzle feathers, I am betting she won’t be a good flier.

Just checked the camera and there they are roosting on the ledge 😊
D946AF15-615E-48FA-9AFB-C1BFC69F5D5E.png

I think a better question: how many chickens fit on top of the "brand new" door roost?

Edit: and how many silkies will be up there?
Surprisingly there was not much drama this morning when I opened the door. I may as well leave the door open as long as it’s mild.

Oh and those pullets are going to drive me batty, poor Mr P is just pecked to pieces on his head 😢 I feel like I may need to lock him away in the Summer House with some of the older ladies for a few days to let his wounds heal. I so wish I still had some of that blue spray I had with the horses.

Any suggestions anyone to stop them pecking him?

Back
Top Bottom