I have a BR with that exact same personality. I can't get anywhere near her most times.
View attachment 3746152
Onaga
Meanwhile, I have a young BR that comes running whenever she sees me, pecks my leg or arm for attention, and is chatting all the time to me. She lets me pick her up...but does expect an extra treat for the honour of her presence.

George (as in Curious George) is immediately what came to mind with her personality. I didn't feel comfortable calling her 'George' even though it fit....so I call her Georgie. I think she now knows her name, but it is hard to tell as she comes when she hears me talking - so is it just my voice, or that she knows her name???? :idunno :idunno Regardless, she is a real chatty Cathy!!! And she makes my heart sing when she chooses to get snuggles🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

@ChicoryBlue If you can look past the slightly aggressiveness of Dian-Ida....I think it is so sweet that she needs your attention - an dI hope you are successful in 'taming' her without her loosing her 'forward' personality, nor her love for you.

Hope all is going well - or at least better - at your place. One of your recent posts made me a bit concerned!:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Speaking of food, it’s going to be lasagna tonight. I bought a huge frozen lasagna platter and hopefully it will last for a few days after tonight.
I’ve been lazy today, but I have to get up and scramble some eggs for the chooks.
It will last for a few days as long as your chooks don't catch sight of it - then all bets are off!!

Mugs Monday.
Cockerel was giving my new camera a look. I don't think he likes how much more bird-like this thing is (it has a gimbal, which has better stabilization than your average chicken head, which acts much like one in terms of staying level).
DJI_0089.JPG

Why are the best dust bathing holes right next to a building or wall?
Because there is radiant heat/protection. Sun heat is absorbed by the walls and creates a micro-climate. Here, in the real heat of the summer, they dust-bath under shrubs where it is cooler - but right now they dust bath against the south-west wall of the barn when free-ranging - protection from any Nor-westerly breeze and full-on afternoon sun.

Nothing like a REAL calgon moment, chickie mom!!!

Yes he has a lot of her markings but Butterscotch is definitely white though. Here he is beside Henny for colour comparison. His tail was what had me looking closer, as you can definitely not white.

View attachment 3745675
Oh he is turning out so gorgeous! And look at him growing rooster feathers now 😊

Last edited:
Mugs Monday
Marty - here she comes! She can move!
View attachment 3746390View attachment 3746389View attachment 3746388

And there she goes, she had the zoomies yesterday
View attachment 3746392

Bert is turning out to be a pretty little fellow, RC look at those hairy legs 😊
View attachment 3746384
View attachment 3746387

Betty or is it Curly? No it’s Betty I think 😁, her legs and face are dark like her mums now. But her mum has some leg feathers and she has none.
View attachment 3746385

Mr P - keeping an eye to the sky out on mount poopmore
View attachment 3746386

I feel bad for having trimmed his head feathers but he really couldn’t see very well, even still he could use more trimming but I am afraid of cutting blood feathers.
Bert is looking so handsome! With his top knot slicked back, he has a certain Sonic the Hedgehog vibe.

Back
Top Bottom