Also @Ponypoor Mt. Lehman's? https://mtlehmanmeadows.com/chickens
Their web page is very old (2019) but there's contact information and they used to ship all across Canada
Peavey Mart Chick Days are open now (for Alberta) I'm ordering some red broilers and some breeds specified as "specialty egglayers". They have adorable bantams, and I was thinking of getting some for Muffin (to keep her company; she's disabled so she can't go in the big coop. She'd turn into their afternoon snack :sick)

But I decided they might outlive her, and then what would I do with them? So standard it is. I'm thinking about the buff orps, maybe black australorps, but what really caught my eye was the blue laced gold wyandottes and cream legbars. And the buff Brahmas, sapphire gems, midnight majesty marans, lavender orpingtons, and speckled Sussex.
I want ALL of them :love
(They misspelled Ameraucana on the website, by the way)

Peavey Mart Chick Days are open now (for Alberta) I'm ordering some red broilers and some breeds specified as "specialty egglayers". They have adorable bantams, and I was thinking of getting some for Muffin (to keep her company; she's disabled so she can't go in the big coop. She'd turn into their afternoon snack :sick)

But I decided they might outlive her, and then what would I do with them? So standard it is. I'm thinking about the buff orps, maybe black australorps, but what really caught my eye was the blue laced gold wyandottes and cream legbars. And the buff Brahmas, sapphire gems, midnight majesty marans, lavender orpingtons, and speckled Sussex.
I want ALL of them :love
(They misspelled Ameraucana on the website, by the way)
Couldn't Muffin have a few standard hens for company? If they grow up as chicks with her they won't bother her later on.

Have you tried Grade EH Farms? They say they ship "Canada-wide". It appears to be only straight-run unless otherwise specified....Appenzeller were CA$25 (24.99) for 2023....They also ship eggs. I don't see 2024 pages up yet, but people are maybe ordering now and it gets put in a queue? Also they say to check their Facebook page, and I don't see anything for 2024 there yet.

"You can find us in Delta, BC and we ship live birds Canada wide. You can email us at [email protected]. We appreciate your message and we will address your specific enquiry as soon as we can. " Also "If we have not communicated with you prior to your order form and you have an important question or request relating to your order, please send us an email first, instead of writing it down the comments part of the order form so we are certain not to miss it. "
https://www.gradeehfarms.ca/live-birdslaying-hens.html
You are so solutions oriented. I love it!

Freedom

I opened the side door and they made their way across the frozen tundra to sit crowded into Hattie House.

20240215_111235.jpg
20240215_111350.jpg

Never underestimate the lure of.......

free freedom GIF

Another egg from Hen-Rietta this morning. I found Sir Jaffar guarding it. She had long since left after laying it. I’m not going to incubate her eggs, or anyone’s for that matter. But I might increase my tribe size this spring.
My preference would be:
EE’s
Speckled Suspects
Brown Leghorns
Or possibly Buff Brahmas or Orpingtons
I’m not convinced yet. :old :idunno

Back
Top Bottom