Well, sigh, I was just offered the Guinea's last night. They have had them for 2 weeks and cannot stand the noise. Apparently it is triggering her husbands ptsd. They are also never staying home. I wish I could take them, I would in a heart beat, but it is not feasible for me to do so. I admit to being smitten with them. I also fully understand my late uncles desire to have them. This past spring/summer he was trying to find Guinea eggs for me to hatch for him. His whole reasoning was he wanted to tick off a few neighbors. I never understood that, now I do. Ugh, I miss that man, there was a reason he was my favorite uncle.
Oh no! What a Dilemma! And know exactly how you feel, I can’t possibly have Guinea also, but I sure wish I could. Just like peafowl - I would love to have them but I can’t. 😟

Well, sigh, I was just offered the Guinea's last night. They have had them for 2 weeks and cannot stand the noise. Apparently it is triggering her husbands ptsd. They are also never staying home. I wish I could take them, I would in a heart beat, but it is not feasible for me to do so. I admit to being smitten with them. I also fully understand my late uncles desire to have them. This past spring/summer he was trying to find Guinea eggs for me to hatch for him. His whole reasoning was he wanted to tick off a few neighbors. I never understood that, now I do. Ugh, I miss that man, there was a reason he was my favorite uncle.
Wow. Read some of the threads in the Guinea forum. I think you can just let them run wild and give them some feed now and then. And they will go where they choose in any case!

Oooohhhhh....you just solved @RoyalChick 's dilemma :thumbsup:thumbsup- adults guineas that she doesn't have to brood and get too close to! New Jersey isn't that far away from PA!!!!

RC: road trip????

A turtle that Lety and her friend rescued yesterday. Somebody tried to run over with a car and damaged it's shell near it's rear end. They repaired the shell and we gave food and water last night. It ate a good bit of lettuce and turtle food. Lety placed it in the sun and once it got warm enough he walked back to the shade.
1000011115.jpg

A turtle that Lety and her friend rescued yesterday. Somebody tried to run over with a car and damaged it's shell near it's rear end. They repaired the shell and we gave food and water last night. It ate a good bit of lettuce and turtle food. Lety placed it in the sun and once it got warm enough he walked back to the shade.View attachment 3756129
Awww you two are so good to your animal friends 💕

Around here everyone stops for turtles, it is quite common to see cats pulled over and people assisting them with crossing the roads.

In fact we have signage on the roads ‘watch for turtles May - Sept’. This year I bet everything (frogs toads turtles…) will be out early. Even still with everyone doing their part, we do have some turtles killed and injured every year. Some people just don’t care.

There is NO frost in the ground at all. I expect frogs and toads to be out croaking and chirping by next weekend if the temps here hold like the weather forecasts. And turtles will soon follow 💕😊

Back
Top Bottom