Ok folks, after this may not be on much today. Grandma has been up a hour and I have a worrying feeling. She has complained that her shoulder is hurting her. She is blaming it on that she slept on her side and it is a crick in her neck. No, she slept flat on her back last night. Her O2 stat was also down a little bit this morning. She is in the middle of a breathing treatment. She also was not able to eat her breakfast, 2 bites and she got sick. I want to believe this is nothing. I hope I am right, but, something just feels off.
:hugsTrust your instincts when something feels off. I'd keep an eye and an ear on her. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

White leghorns are....I think....but were they used in developing the FROST legbar or did they use cream legbats and maybe the opal leghorn (I think they call that one something else too). Do you know off the top of your head what went into the frost one?
The white feather coloring is a recessive trait occasionally thrown by Cream Legbars. So what were bred together to breed cream legbars?

Cream Legbars were created by cross-breeding American barred Plymouth Rock birds with brown Leghorns which created the gold and silver legbars.

The cream Legbar was created by cross-breeding these with white Leghorns; then crossing those with Araucanas causing them to have a crest and to lay blue or blue-green eggs.

So it looks like white leghorn genes expressing themselves and dominating all other colors.

So Dom White.

No wonder I am enraptured with Glynda. She part leghorn!

20230920_091253.jpg

The white feather coloring is a recessive trait occasionally thrown by Cream Legbars. So what were bred together to breed cream legbars?

Cream Legbars were created by cross-breeding American barred Plymouth Rock birds with brown Leghorns which created the gold and silver legbars.

The cream Legbar was created by cross-breeding these with white Leghorns; then crossing those with Araucanas causing them to have a crest and to lay blue or blue-green eggs.

So it looks like white leghorn genes expressing themselves and dominating all other colors.

So Dom White.

No wonder I am enraptured with Glynda. She part leghorn!

View attachment 3756676
Legbar. Leg=Leghorn, Bar=Barred Rock.

I've noticed some interesting stuff with my Cream Legbars. One of them lays blue eggs, but no tuft. The other has a tuft. Both have big floppy combs. In terms of personality I would say they are friendlier than Leghorns, and allow for much more handling, especially Agathae. It's quite interesting to watch them.

I also have Gaby the Welsummer, who is also part Leghorn. She is very flighty, just like Josey, but she will settle down in my lap once captive and lays huge brown eggs.

Buff Brahma, light Brahma, speckles suspects, silver Wyandotte, and others:

https://www.chickdays.ca/category/16475

I found this article - apparently the Midnight majesty Marans is a sex-link cross between a black copper Marans Roo and BR hen.
Also shows how to pronounce Marans (Muh-ran) - interesting!
https://www.thefeatherbrain.com/blog/marans-chickens?format=amp
They've got quite an assortment of wyandottes. The blue laced gold is new to me. Has to be the blue laced red washed down to gold. Silver laced is stunning. So are golden wyandottes. And light brahmas look like Silver....with feathered feet, and bigger!

And they're getting lavender orpingtons! And Jersey Giants!!

Back
Top Bottom