Hey everyone

Things have settled down for the evening so I have a break to myself. I should be taking a nap but I find myself too tired and my mind racing so forget that for the moment. I am making half a pot of coffee. I know it sounds silly, but 2 good cups of coffee in peace and solitude will settle me down quicker then anything. My grandma is still with us but if it was bad before now it is just heartbreaking. Either due to the dementia or the advancing of the cardiac shock taking hold she does not know us 95% of the time. Sometimes after sitting and talking to her for a brief moment she will remember us but it is gone almost immediately. She does not know where she is at and each time she rouses up she thinks she is either in the hospital or at someone else's house. She has never been in a car wreck but the other morning she woke up thinking she was in a car wreck the night before and had a broken leg. This also leads to the same questions multiple times a day now. Who are we? Where is she? Why is she in a hospital bed? And the hardest one to answer is can she walk? We answer honestly and truthfully each time and the walking one always ends in tears. If we lie to that one there is fear from the hospice nurses that she might try to get out of bed and fall. Not sure she has the strength to but we do not want to take that chance. She is strong somewhat still in her upper body and can roll over if she really wants something. Then there are the questions that I do not have the heart to tell the truth to. She has asked about her mother and some of her deceased siblings asking when they were coming home or if they were out shopping. She has yet to ask if they are gone so I will not tell her they have passed. Last Monday was a terrible day. The worst she has had and she kept insisting that she was going home to Jesus that evening and her vitals were dropping. She had the nurses concerned enough they encouraged us to make the phone calls to her siblings which we did. She snapped out of it in the middle of the night and had a good day Tuesday. Wednesday was when she started not knowing who we are and has slowly and steadily declined since. Me and mom are hanging in there and everyone is fine. The horses and the chickens are doing well. Everyone but Poppet is now laying and the boys are shedding their winter coats so Spring is on its way.
❤️ ❤️ :hugs:hugs:hugs🌸🌺💐🌷🌹

Sending you my love and hugs

Hey everyone

Things have settled down for the evening so I have a break to myself. I should be taking a nap but I find myself too tired and my mind racing so forget that for the moment. I am making half a pot of coffee. I know it sounds silly, but 2 good cups of coffee in peace and solitude will settle me down quicker than anything. My grandma is still with us but if it was bad before now it is just heartbreaking. Either due to the dementia or the advancing of the cardiac shock taking hold she does not know us 95% of the time. Sometimes after sitting and talking to her for a brief moment she will remember us but it is gone almost immediately. She does not know where she is at and each time she rouses up she thinks she is either in the hospital or at someone else's house. She has never been in a car wreck but the other morning she woke up thinking she was in a car wreck the night before and had a broken leg. This also leads to the same questions multiple times a day now. Who are we? Where is she? Why is she in a hospital bed? And the hardest one to answer is can she walk? We answer honestly and truthfully each time and the walking one always ends in tears. If we lie to that one there is fear from the hospice nurses that she might try to get out of bed and fall. Not sure she has the strength to but we do not want to take that chance. She is strong somewhat still in her upper body and can roll over if she really wants something. Then there are the questions that I do not have the heart to tell the truth to. She has asked about her mother and some of her deceased siblings asking when they were coming home or if they were out shopping. She has yet to ask if they are gone so I will not tell her they have passed. Last Monday was a terrible day. The worst she has had and she kept insisting that she was going home to Jesus that evening and her vitals were dropping. She had the nurses concerned enough they encouraged us to make the phone calls to her siblings which we did. She snapped out of it in the middle of the night and had a good day Tuesday. Wednesday was when she started not knowing who we are and has slowly and steadily declined since. Me and mom are hanging in there and everyone is fine. The horses and the chickens are doing well. Everyone but Poppet is now laying and the boys are shedding their winter coats so Spring is on its way.
:hugs :hugs
I think you and your mom are amazing. I have no words really except to try and look after yourself a little bit too.

Princess and pusscat loving the sun last week
1000001838.jpg

Hey everyone

Things have settled down for the evening so I have a break to myself. I should be taking a nap but I find myself too tired and my mind racing so forget that for the moment. I am making half a pot of coffee. I know it sounds silly, but 2 good cups of coffee in peace and solitude will settle me down quicker then anything. My grandma is still with us but if it was bad before now it is just heartbreaking. Either due to the dementia or the advancing of the cardiac shock taking hold she does not know us 95% of the time. Sometimes after sitting and talking to her for a brief moment she will remember us but it is gone almost immediately. She does not know where she is at and each time she rouses up she thinks she is either in the hospital or at someone else's house. She has never been in a car wreck but the other morning she woke up thinking she was in a car wreck the night before and had a broken leg. This also leads to the same questions multiple times a day now. Who are we? Where is she? Why is she in a hospital bed? And the hardest one to answer is can she walk? We answer honestly and truthfully each time and the walking one always ends in tears. If we lie to that one there is fear from the hospice nurses that she might try to get out of bed and fall. Not sure she has the strength to but we do not want to take that chance. She is strong somewhat still in her upper body and can roll over if she really wants something. Then there are the questions that I do not have the heart to tell the truth to. She has asked about her mother and some of her deceased siblings asking when they were coming home or if they were out shopping. She has yet to ask if they are gone so I will not tell her they have passed. Last Monday was a terrible day. The worst she has had and she kept insisting that she was going home to Jesus that evening and her vitals were dropping. She had the nurses concerned enough they encouraged us to make the phone calls to her siblings which we did. She snapped out of it in the middle of the night and had a good day Tuesday. Wednesday was when she started not knowing who we are and has slowly and steadily declined since. Me and mom are hanging in there and everyone is fine. The horses and the chickens are doing well. Everyone but Poppet is now laying and the boys are shedding their winter coats so Spring is on its way.
:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugsOne day at a time, try to get some rest. Step back, go out to Branch and fall apart. Scream at the hillside. Rail at us. We can take it.:hugs:hugs:hugs:hugs

Back
Top Bottom