The other feed store I used to use switched their supplier to Jones brand layer, my ladies wouldn’t eat it.

When I went to the Hi-Pro 17% Layer pellets from Peavey Mart, I was worried they would pitch a fit, but they really like it. Chickens….. never know with them.

Also the Hi-Pro has more calcium than the Jones brand.

Edit
Also the Hi-Pro smells so darn good! I think they have brewers yeast in it - it smells great!
I am starting a new bag of feed today.
I got Kalmbach Full Plume Feather pellets. It is 20% protein like what they had before but is a layer feed so has the extra calcium.
Hopefully they will like it well enough. It smells quite yummy like the other one but maybe not as strongly. I didn't immediately get hungry when I opened the bag, which always happened with the other one.

A Second Skunk

I believe I caught a different skunk coming by last night. This one did not check out Hattie house. It just did the courtyard of the main coop.

Here is a still to show you where to train you eyes as it is not easy to see.

View attachment 3772503

Here is the video.

I think this is a different skunk because the white markings seem different. Here is the skunk from the other night.

View attachment 3772504

There is a lot of white down the side of this skunk. The one from last night seemed to have less white, if any, on its side. What do you all think?
I couldn't really see it in the video, but I think you need to skunk proof the whole complex!

I stuff three phones, a bag of random stuff, a handkerchief or two, my earbuds, a headphone to USB-C dongle (thanks Google :rolleyes:) and a portable stabilized camera all in the front two pockets on my pants.
Where's Monty Hall when you need him? You'd have been a shoe-in for Let's Make a Deal!

I got Kalmbach Full Plume Feather pellets. It is 20% protein like what they had before but is a layer feed so has the extra calcium.
Hopefully they will like it well enough. It smells quite yummy like the other one but maybe not as strongly. I didn't immediately get hungry when I opened the bag, which always happened with the other one.
From where do you get that feed?

A Second Skunk

I believe I caught a different skunk coming by last night. This one did not check out Hattie house. It just did the courtyard of the main coop.

Here is a still to show you where to train you eyes as it is not easy to see.

View attachment 3772503

Here is the video.

I think this is a different skunk because the white markings seem different. Here is the skunk from the other night.

View attachment 3772504

There is a lot of white down the side of this skunk. The one from last night seemed to have less white, if any, on its side. What do you all think?
Well, if you want to know what I think, I think that the cat is prettier. 🤣

I love their feeds. Have you tried their scratch grains? I'm wondering if it has the Italian spice thing going on too?

Where's Monty Hall when you need him? You'd have been a shoe-in for Let's Make a Deal!
Wayne Brady does Let's Make Deal today. It's on TV again if you liked it. They brought it back.

TV Guide Tax
20240314_123526.jpg

Back
Top Bottom