moon pie.
@RoyalChick Like this
1711544834195.png

Carabiner: thinking maybe eyeball (autocorrect to that ... twice: E-y-e-b-o-l-t) or some sort of other attachment to the 2x2, chain around what it's connecting to, carabiner to clip back to self. Cam be adjusted for greater/lesser tension by moving where carabiner on end clips back to or completely removed by unblinking (u-n-c-l-i-p-p-i-n-g) for a quick release if you need it down NOW.
Ah, chain around the attachment and looping back to connect to itself, and it's adjustable. Great idea, thank you! Autocorrect is such a modern pain, isn't it?

Sounds fantastic! Care to share the recipe?
It is based on this recipe from the NYT cooking app. Let me know if it is behind a paywall and I will cut and paste.
Mine differs in the following ways:
- I have never seen a Meyer lemon so I use regular lemons and switch 1-2 out for an orange instead. Sometimes I just use regular lemons throughout - it is plenty sweet enough.
- I don’t use their pie crust recipe - I put it in a Graham cracker crust which goes really well with it.

It is unbelievably indulgent!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013-meyer-lemon-tart?smid=ck-recipe-iOS-share

Thanks for the ideas. I think my decorating skills might stretch to something like that. I will share pics of what I eventually do. Now have to turn my mind to baking lemon curd tart for Easter. It uses a mind-blowing number of eggs in the lemon curd!
I think @notabitail 's next idea is better - dark frosting in a large circle covering most of the cake (the cake has to be round, we are all agreeing?) with a narrow ring of light frosting around that, and then down the sides, for everywhere not in totality...

It is based on this recipe from the NYT cooking app. Let me know if it is behind a paywall and I will cut and paste.
Mine differs in the following ways:
- I have never seen a Meyer lemon so I use regular lemons and switch 1-2 out for an orange instead. Sometimes I just use regular lemons throughout - it is plenty sweet enough.
- I don’t use their pie crust recipe - I put it in a Graham cracker crust which goes really well with it.

It is unbelievably indulgent!

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1013-meyer-lemon-tart?smid=ck-recipe-iOS-share
I would have loved this recipe but the site wants intrusive data 😢

Back
Top Bottom