I hope that she practices bio security with that boyfriend. He sounds like a real virus 🦠
He is a true gentleman very nice farm boy.

Her first husband was a jerk, treated her poorly. She was well rid of him.

She is a hard working girl, farrier work is hard work, and she is not a big girl. I make sure to tell her to not deal with bad horses - it’s not worth the risk.

Tax
Ruth the little pecker pecked my headlamp on my forehead! What a brat!
CE860E0F-B88A-45FC-A5AF-26E0C2643F31.jpeg

And that is exactly what I did this afternoon (minus the horses - there were deer instead) until it started raining and I got soaked.
Nice 😊💕

Rained all day here it’s now officially all flooded here, the chooks went out got soaked and I made them come back inside - I dried poor old Red and Blanche. Calling for snow tomorrow night! Crazy weather

Tax
Looks like Larry laid another nice egg. I just might throw a couple of her eggs in the incubator with the silkies.
D35F558C-746B-4184-A137-A7D7975590D2.jpeg

D75A252A-DDFB-43C4-8141-D092FCAF39B1.jpeg
So I was taking Fez’ photo, which she liked.
When someone accidentally walked between her and the camera.

DD826066-E913-4220-810D-C80052CB62FD.jpeg

Which she did NOT! So Albert got told, right into the fencing 😂 :smack

Speaking of bullying- things seem to have gotten worse for Perry. Whiskey has turned up the heat; and is incidentally also making growling noises when on the nest, and has a bald spot on her chest. Broody signs, but I didn’t expect her, of all hens, to go broody. I hope she snaps out of it soon, for poor Perry’s sake! If she actually sits on the nest (the missing symptom), I’ll make moves to break her right away.
I gave everyone some good free range time today to raise the moral.

I had to delay my hatching escapade but was able to set some eggs a week later. So it was hatch day today for ONE chick yup thats right my fertilization rate is not good at all! Sighh, I will have to trim some vent feathers I think.
I did realize the issue when I candled the eggs on day 7 so I set some more but this poor chick that hatched today will be all by itself till the second batch hatches.
I have one jubilee that was coming along nicely and some blue eggs (peanuts) that I cant see into very well. I will candle them again as soon as this hatched chick dries out.

Hatching pic, it’s out now and drying off. More pics to come in the morning when I move it into the temporary brooder tote.
IMG_0972.jpeg

Missing person. I thought my career ended, but obviously not. I’m flying to Virginia Beach. And hopefully help this family find their daughter: Caucasian age 24 sandy blonde hair 5’4” approx. 130 lbs. last seen at her college. I was asked by a personal friend to come. I’m not sure what I’m getting into here, but I will definitely try my hardest to find her.
Tax: IMG_4016.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom