I’m going back to town tomorrow. I’m hoping TSC will have what I need
I know others have chimed in on this but I will add my support/ vote to the brooder plate recommendations.

I have the small rent a coop brooder plate and it works reliably and presents no fire risk and it doesn’t draw much electricity. I tilt mine higher on one side and lower on the other and the chicks can choose how warm they want to be. So it makes regulating temperature a non issue as the chicks can do it themselves just like they would under a mama hen.

I realize they are a little pricey but you will have it the next time you have chicks and you could possibly prop it up side ways to provide some extra warmth to a tote for an ill or injured chicken.

Last edited:
I know others have chimed in on this but I will add my support/ vote to the brooder plate recommendations.

I have the small rent a coop brooder and it works reliably and presents no fire risk and it doesn’t draw much electricity. I tilt mine higher on one side and lower on the other and the chicks can choose how warm they want to be. So it makes regulating temperature a non issue as the chicks can do it themselves just like they would under a mama hen.

I realize they are a little pricey but you will have it the next time you have chicks and you could possibly prop it up side ways to provide some extra warmth to a tote for an ill or injured chicken.
We used ours for two batches of chicks and that rescued dove thing.

Back
Top Bottom