Well, so far today Morinth has been uninterested in the nest box...
Then...
Resized_20240421_115335.jpeg
Resized_20240421_115303.jpeg
The new nest boxes were installed! I put a thick layer of straw and pine straw in there, chucked in the two decoy eggs in the leftmost boxes, and gave the coop a cleanout while I was at it!.
My new run should be here end of next week. I'll have to install the hardware cloth myself because hubby says it doesn't need it. 🙄 he's just grumpy and burnt out from work.

Then...
View attachment 3807606
View attachment 3807607
The new nest boxes were installed! I put a thick layer of straw and pine straw in there, chucked in the two decoy eggs in the leftmost boxes, and gave the coop a cleanout while I was at it!.
My new run should be here end of next week. I'll have to install the hardware cloth myself because hubby says it doesn't need it. 🙄 he's just grumpy and burnt out from work.
That's should work great. Nice job.

Enough already

Just checking the cameras in the barn to see how everyone is, and flipped through to the outside cameras.

I. AM. SO. SICK. OF. SNOW. 😡😡

Sick sick sick of it. And the rain. 😡

View attachment 3807322

It’s just wet snow and will melt as soon as it get daylight but still it’s miserable.
Ok so here is my weather whining tax.

It’s sunny now and grass is green, but it’s a cold wind.

Bert, and his fluffy butt 😊
image.jpg

Tippy thinking of being broody…
image.jpg

Then...
View attachment 3807606
View attachment 3807607
Yep work can do that to you.

Installing the hardware cloth is easy, just need some metal snips and proper wood screws and washers to attach it to whatever your attaching it to.

YouTube will show you different ways to install it 😊❤️ I love looking at carpentry videos 😊

Then...
View attachment 3807606
View attachment 3807607
Those look great.

The ladies love them!
20240421_142314.jpg
Liara laid hers nicely next to a decoy egg
20240421_142412.jpg
Samara and Shep buried theirs in the nest closest to the coop where they enter.
20240421_142442.jpg
Ash inspecting box 1
20240421_142633.jpg
And fresh straw for the run, wild water, and sunshine!
20240421_142638.jpg
Looks like Morinth got her old rank back too, benefit of her sister being top hen? She's acting like a normal hen again 😀

Back
Top Bottom