Yep work can do that to you.

Installing the hardware cloth is easy, just need some metal snips and proper wood screws and washers to attach it to whatever your attaching it to.

YouTube will show you different ways to install it 😊❤️ I love looking at carpentry videos 😊
And leather gloves. It will cut the crap out of your hands.

The ladies love them!
View attachment 3807709
Liara laid hers nicely next to a decoy egg
View attachment 3807710
Samara and Shep buried theirs in the nest closest to the coop where they enter.
View attachment 3807711
Ash inspecting box 1
View attachment 3807712
And fresh straw for the run, wild water, and sunshine!
View attachment 3807713
Looks like Morinth got her old rank back too, benefit of her sister being top hen? She's acting like a normal hen again 😀
Wonderful!

The gazebo my uncle and BIL put up yesterday (in the snow rain and sleet) turned out to not be a 10x12 gazebo, it’s only about 8x10, I guess I should have measured the base at the store but the box and signage said 10x12. Every other gazebo I have bought has been 10x12 to fit my deck and the lawn furniture.

But it was so miserable yesterday then I got a chill and was not well, wasn’t paying attention. This morning coming in from the barn I know it was too small, my deck is built for 10x12. And it sure wasn’t filling the deck.

I looked at the box and it said 10x 12. BUT at the bottom for ‘dimensions’ was a TOTALLY different story, about 8x10 was written for dimensions.

In a furious fit I called Home Depot and asked them what’s up, and what would they do about it. Seeing as how mums lawn furniture now wouldn’t fit in there. ‘Oh well that’s the roof’s dimension’

‘Really’ says I ‘am I a bird? Do I live in the roof?’. I went on the tell the manager That it is dishonest advertising, items are measured to FIT something, not the silly roof dimensions- I am not putting the sucker up indoors. It goes on a deck or patio.

So my issue isn’t resolved and I gave Hampton Bay Winfield 10x12 hardtop gazebo a scathing review.

It seems since Covid that there is a serious lack of quality, honesty and workmanship in any products I am getting. And there just isn’t the variety I used to get.

Everything is cheap cheap cheap.

Even food products and smaller and cost more, I am so thoroughly disgusted with things that I am not even being true to brands I used to be true to.

Now I just get the least expensive thing as they are all the same quality now.

What’s this world coming to?? Are people not willing to demand quality anymore? Or are the instant purchase and delivery from the likes of Amazon now the reality?

View attachment 3807719
View attachment 3807721
This item sure wasn’t worth the $1400 plus tax mum paid for 😡

Tax for ranting about things I cannot change (like the weather)

View attachment 3807726
Wind tossled Rose 💕 says let it go….
That really stinks. I'm so sorry. All that money and work. :hugs :hugs :hugs

Gosh look at this wee fluffy butts! So adorable, oh Alex I am so happy you have these chicks 💕

Sir Jaffar will eventually decide they are part of his flock, has he even seen chicks before? Mr Pompeii was a bit freaked out by the first chicks here, but by the time Sophia raised hers he was an old pro and even let them eat and sleep next to him - when Sophia allowed it!

Is it warm there yet? You can let them outside for a bit of supervised scratching time, they are a week now right? They will be able to run away if they need to. And the sooner your hens see them the easier it will be to integrate them.

Gosh they are so cute!
Sir Jaffar has never been around chicks. He’s never seen chicks and he can’t even see these chicks. He’s blind.

Back
Top Bottom