PITA tried throwing her out of the nest so she could add her eggs to it. In the struggle, the other 4 vanished/broke. PITA is persistent when she does this, so multiple times over the course of the day. If this gets her to leave be, then GOOD. If not... maybe a double layer curtain and try again.
Wow, that’s not good

Empress Josephine will literally just flop down to sunbathe. That bird has her priorities straight.
I bet they are friends on BeakBook. I’ve not spent much time with the polishes (and Exchequer) the past few days because of a spider in the coop, but I’m sure she does that when the sun hits right.

I really need to kill that spider… I’ve sent Mom in there the past week, so I’ve not cuddled with the babies in a while.

Wow, that’s not good
She's wanting her eggs to be incubated, but not wanting to do it herself. I can't fault her on the first half, but on the second....smart bird. Why should she sit for days when others will do it for her?

I'd love so see one of the leghorn mix go broody....just to put the "they don't go broody" on its head. I also think she'd be Holy Terror on any hormonal idiots while raising babies....of course the babies would be WILD and need serious taming...

sad news

Larry had a catastrophic leg injury and my BIL and I had to put her down. She was an elderly girl so I think she likely tried to jump down from someplace and broke her leg.

I found her when I did evening chores, we immediately put her down - she would have been in terrible pain and I didn’t want to have her lingering. The fracture was an open fracture so there would be no way to split it and save her.

She is now at peace with her friend Tuff. View attachment 3838720
Awlll, Kelly I am catching this late. I am so sorry 😞. :hugs :hugs:hugs

Fly high beautiful girl 🖤 🤍 🖤

I bet they are friends on BeakBook. I’ve not spent much time with the polishes (and Exchequer) the past few days because of a spider in the coop, but I’m sure she does that when the sun hits right.

I really need to kill that spider… I’ve sent Mom in there the past week, so I’ve not cuddled with the babies in a while.
Practice the new way to pet chickens with the babies

I’m at Mom’s work right now.

After we are done feeding all the animals, we are gonna go to my old barn to get my stuff and talk with my instructor.

All my friends were so confused at why I would rather go to her work than school. We can have our phones out in school since it’s the last day, we get to play games and do whatever we want for the most part. Why would I want to go to work? Here’s why, school friends. There are pigs, geese, chickens, horses, cows, and goats. Why wouldn’t I want to go there?
Tax: Meat birds at her work
IMG_4096.jpeg

She's wanting her eggs to be incubated, but not wanting to do it herself. I can't fault her on the first half, but on the second....smart bird. Why should she sit for days when others will do it for her?

I'd love so see one of the leghorn mix go broody....just to put the "they don't go broody" on its head. I also think she'd be Holy Terror on any hormonal idiots while raising babies....of course the babies would be WILD and need serious taming...
A broody Leghorn? :lau:gigNot a chance!

Back
Top Bottom