Well, the eggs are set. I set a total of 28 eggs. Here is the breakdown..
Marty-7, Curly-7, Fluffy-3, Henny P-3, Poppet-6 and Betty-2. All but the final Poppet egg went in at 5pm. Poppet made me wait until 10 minutes ago. I had a difficult time deciding where to place the incubator in the living room. We now use the table frequently in there so it's traditional spot was out of the question. I finally settled on Grandma's sewing table that is still set up and cleaned off a space. In a way it is fitting because if I had a co-conspirator in this it would have been her. She actually would have encouraged me to fill the remaining slots with other eggs. The incubator is right beside her sewing machine. It is also temporarily where we have her ashes. For the next 3 weeks that is their permanent spot. The last time I used the incubator for her she hovered over it more then I did. She can watch over these eggs for me and hopefully bring good luck.
Oh that is such a lovely spot for them, I am sure your Gran is tickled pink and will ensure those eggs are safe and sound, she is looking down on them I am sure. ♥️

Well, the eggs are set. I set a total of 28 eggs. Here is the breakdown..
Marty-7, Curly-7, Fluffy-3, Henny P-3, Poppet-6 and Betty-2. All but the final Poppet egg went in at 5pm. Poppet made me wait until 10 minutes ago. I had a difficult time deciding where to place the incubator in the living room. We now use the table frequently in there so it's traditional spot was out of the question. I finally settled on Grandma's sewing table that is still set up and cleaned off a space. In a way it is fitting because if I had a co-conspirator in this it would have been her. She actually would have encouraged me to fill the remaining slots with other eggs. The incubator is right beside her sewing machine. It is also temporarily where we have her ashes. For the next 3 weeks that is their permanent spot. The last time I used the incubator for her she hovered over it more then I did. She can watch over these eggs for me and hopefully bring good luck.
🥰

National Drinking with Chickens Day

Today is not just thirsty Thursday. It is also National Drinking with Chickens Day.

Let's see those pictures of you enjoying a beverage with your chicken friends!

View attachment 3841484

It's also National Chardonnay Day. Maybe combine the 2. :confused:
Drinking with the chickens

20240523_193738.jpg

Back
Top Bottom