In honor of pony Sunday, a new arrival.
20240526_155852.jpg
20240526_155931.jpg
20240526_155940.jpg
20240526_155902.jpg
I haven't seen this little one before.

I was away for a bit and I came on here and heard about Jaffar. Oi, this is just terrible. He has lived a good life and Alex really took good care of him. If Alex sees this (he did say he was going to take a break), I want to say that he has been a really good owner to Jaffar. From car trips to movies in bed, no wonder that roo was having a good time. Never, ever blame yourself for a pet's death. I remember Alex would talk about Jaffar non stop. Goodbye, Jaffar. You were the mascot of the roost, and no other roo can be like you. You can't be replaced by any other roo. I'll read Alex's past posts about Jaffar and think "That was a good time."
I'll post something to brighten up everyone's mood later.

You can also try horse fly spray, I use that for lice now. Works great!

Can’t get powder here, but can get the horse spray.

Rerouting the condensate drain for the hvac to the flower bed made a huge difference. I love roses

Dynamic- dyna....for Aero's bestie

I moved the brooder plate around and extended it with a board thinking they would spread out more.

Nope they are all try I guess to cram onto the top of the broody! And yea the wee bantams are in there somewhere - well that’s Chicken in the front there.

Such a size difference isn’t it! The big chicks are 5 weeks today and the wee bantams 2 weeks.
1B6E3674-94C6-425A-8358-5398A59E23D7.png

I moved the brooder plate around and extended it with a board thinking they would spread out more.

Nope they are all try I guess to cram onto the top of the broody! And yea the wee bantams are in there somewhere - well that’s Chicken in the front there.

Such a size difference isn’t it! The big chicks are 5 weeks today and the wee bantams 2 weeks.
View attachment 3844732
I’m figuring that my little ones are 4 1/2 weeks old the two EE’s a few days younger.

Tassels is on day 19 and now I can’t get her to stay off the nest to eat even a little bit.
So, because I am an absurd softy, I delivered her choice from the room service menu. I was happy to see she did eat some of it.
After day 21 she gets broody jail with masses of yummy food.
I will weigh her tomorrow to see how much weight she has lost.
IMG_6657.jpeg

Tassels is on day 19 and now I can’t get her to stay off the nest to eat even a little bit.
So, because I am an absurd softy, I delivered her choice from the room service menu. I was happy to see she did eat some of it.
After day 21 she gets broody jail with masses of yummy food.
I will weigh her tomorrow to see how much weight she has lost.
View attachment 3844739
I have Curly and Whiskers broody - seeing as how my niece is totally uncooperative regarding the silkie chicks coming here when they hatch (she could keep the blue egg chicks), I will split the Majesty Marans chicks I have arriving on Wednesday - give 2 to Whiskers and 1 to Curly.

AND my niece can keep all the chicks she is hatching, and she can darn well find homes for them. I am done with doing all the dirty work. Next year I am not giving her eggs at all.

Ok my rant is over.

2A3921C6-2C2D-4C68-97CF-BB646A2EFF65.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom