Pics
Yay, i was carving my pumpkin and decided to call it a night at 2 am. Then i heard cheeping from upstairs! Oh no, not locked down and turner still on! I got the turner out, set the eggs in a carton, put in shelf liner for traction and added water. The one chick that had hatched is peeping like crazy!:wee:jumpy

:wee

I feel like such a dunce. I hadn't been getting notifications for this thread so it slipped my mind and finally remembered to check.

updates : My silver laced orpingtons and golden cuckoo marans had a mishap. It looks like the first to hatch sent the humidity up and when it stabilized again everyone got wrapped. Super disappointed. Only two survived. One golden cuckoo marans and one silver laced orpington. Weird thing. The Orpington is almost solid white save a few small yellow spots. Does not, I repeat, does not look like the photo on the menu.

Onto the Halloween babies - six movers and shakers went into lockdown a night late. Air cells looked like they needed more humidity so they got an extra night of incubAtion.

I've seen no pips. I'm assuming they're dead and will be excited if they hatch.

going to read everyone's updates that I've missed. Sending y'all love.

Darn that’s rough! Hopefully the final ones hatch well!

Well my last little egg is a survivor so far. Was moving when I candled last night when I got home from work. It took a bit to get my cardboard box incubator to a stable 98degree temperature and 55% humidity, but I woke up to a rocking egg with a lot of peeping and a little pip this morning. Hopefully she makes an appearance today! (And hopefully it ends up being a she!) This will be my very first chicken hatch, so I am really hoping she does well. I was counting on the broody to do all this hard work for me!
Thanks everyone for the support!

Attachments

• 20181030_084309.jpg
    20181030_084309.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 8
Well my last little egg is a survivor so far. Was moving when I candled last night when I got home from work. It took a bit to get my cardboard box incubator to a stable 98degree temperature and 55% humidity, but I woke up to a rocking egg with a lot of peeping and a little pip this morning. Hopefully she makes an appearance today! (And hopefully it ends up being a she!) This will be my very first chicken hatch, so I am really hoping she does well. I was counting on the broody to do all this hard work for me!
Thanks everyone for the support!

Great news! Good luck!!

I checked my broody one last time last night. She still has the 2 cream legbar eggs. I thought one had quit, then I thought both were ok. Last night I decided the quitter actually is a quitter. Lots of clear fluid in one end, I must have missed it in the second candle. But she has been so devoted, and it’s gotten cold, but we’re in for a few warmer days, so hopefully it hatches soon.

So I candled yesterday in the morning for any signs of internal pips.. Nothing. Some signs of movement but that was all.. Well Today I woke up to something chirping in the incubator and saw this~!

IMG_4265.JPG
IMG_4263.JPG
IMG_4261.JPG

3 bielefelders have hatched~! Looks like 2 pullets and a cockerel so far.. The other 2 are rocking around so fingers crossed all 5 hatch out~

I feel like such a dunce. I hadn't been getting notifications for this thread so it slipped my mind and finally remembered to check.

updates : My silver laced orpingtons and golden cuckoo marans had a mishap. It looks like the first to hatch sent the humidity up and when it stabilized again everyone got wrapped. Super disappointed. Only two survived. One golden cuckoo marans and one silver laced orpington. Weird thing. The Orpington is almost solid white save a few small yellow spots. Does not, I repeat, does not look like the photo on the menu.

Onto the Halloween babies - six movers and shakers went into lockdown a night late. Air cells looked like they needed more humidity so they got an extra night of incubAtion.

I've seen no pips. I'm assuming they're dead and will be excited if they hatch.

going to read everyone's updates that I've missed. Sending y'all love.
Sorry you had a bad hatch.

Back
Top Bottom