What position to hatch saddled air cell eggs in?

• Total voters
Oh you aren't superstitious are you?
it'll be fine! :)
Let me put it this way, I come from a long, long line of CRAZY Russian women who initiated superstitions! Don't pass the salt directly to me, put it down first. Don't put shoes on a chair. Don't look at a new moon through glass, and if you do, you must stop what you are doing and undo the 'bad luck' by spitting on your thumb and turning three times anti clockwise.... (this includes pulling off to the side of the road if you should happen to see the new moon BY MISTAKE through the windshield) need I say more? :thHowever, the friday the 13th thing doesn't really figure into all this other silliness, so yes, it will all be fine. Oh, and the black cat thing.... super good luck you'll be happy to know.

Praying! I would do them on their side, since you have had success with that, and maybe monitor them closely on hatch day. The pot of steaming water and blanket trick that I talked about in this thread really does help you open the lid with little to no fluctuation to temp and humidity. I really hope that it goes well! Keep us posted!
Remember, either decision is a gamble with shipped eggs, and it won’t be your fault if one doesn’t make it.
People have had success with both upright and on their side because neither is the wrong choice. So don’t put to much pressure on yourself.
Thank you so much. I am terrified to do it on the side because one of them drowned last time! :'( Of course I don't know if I could have saved it if it were upright either, but...oh I am a wreck of indecision! I put them upright in a cut down egg carton but now tortured with the thought should I break lockdown and lay it down? UGH! Please be okay little chickie I can't lose another one!

They look GREAT! Congratulations! That's a great hatch.

We had 10 out of 12 of the shipped Bielefelders hatch and I was thrilled with that, given the problems we had with the shipping - dented box, a crushed egg, 10 detached air cells w/ 4 being saddled as well. Will try to post a video at some point.

Enjoy!

Thanks!
I'm going to set some lav orp eggs this weekend! And I set some CL eggs last weekend.
We have great taste, huh? :lol:
:highfive:

I set more Call duck eggs last night, but I think I may have fried them. I hit the wrong power button. :hmm

Back
Top Bottom