Help! Air cell’s too small but duckling’s still Alive trying to pip!

Pics
Should I try that? I have paper towels - I don’t think I have Kleenex on hand. The duckling isn’t flopping around though, it stays on the left corner

The duckling took a dive a moment ago because it tried to jump out of the brooder to get to me - and since the duckling has quite the jump, it lenses up landing into the water bowl - aside from that it hasn’t drink much water yet.
Is the water deep enough to dunk his nares in? A photo of the water dish/set up might help- but I expect he's fine! Congrats again on your ducklings, they're adorable!!

if you make something similar to this for a waterer then they can't
8AFFB8E6-980F-4D46-B4BB-0F9C04A19524.jpeg
jump into the water and risk getting chilled.

Gosh! Everyone is having ducklings, and mine are all grown up now, makes me want more 😂
Congrats on your hatchlings- I hope mama and babies do well!!
Right !! My boys have even got their drake feather now.
We have full on teens lol
I will have babies next week for a day or two till they go to their new home.
The kindergarten class is incubating and hatching them then I’ll take them home for a short time till they go to the new farm :)

Right !! My boys have even got their drake feather now.
We have full on teens lol
I will have babies next week for a day or two till they go to their new home.
The kindergarten class is incubating and hatching them then I’ll take them home for a short time till they go to the new farm :)
and we hatched at the same time! They're so grown up now!!!

Is the water deep enough to dunk his nares in? A photo of the water dish/set up might help- but I expect he's fine! Congrats again on your ducklings, they're adorable!!
if you make something similar to this for a waterer then they can'tView attachment 3035077 jump into the water and risk getting chilled.
This is what the water bowl looks like:
465C7A02-B913-40A5-93B0-9A95E9276BDA.jpeg
B1CAA920-3DBD-4225-9A9E-5E07146C7558.jpeg

Sorry about the late reply btw - had two sleepless nights because of these little ducklings so I took a nap and slept like a log!

I see one duckling so far
View attachment 3035575
Aww that’s so sweettt!
3C11339A-75C9-4525-A302-3372310B5D61.png

These two are finally together and all they want to do is either run or way or peck each other’s there lol - finally got them to sit still for a picture!
FDF88DCD-C1CA-4BC5-80AB-3445EA38222D.jpeg

This is the second ones bottom - there’s still a bump from that open hole, I can’t tell if it’s open or closed anymore and don’t want to risk putting bacteria etc. inside by touching it. Should I keep the duckling in the incubator for a bit longer? Think it’s been over 24 hours

This is what the water bowl looks like:
View attachment 3035598View attachment 3035599

Sorry about the late reply btw - had two sleepless nights because of these little ducklings so I took a nap and slept like a log!

Aww that’s so sweettt!
View attachment 3035606
These two are finally together and all they want to do is either run or way or peck each other’s there lol - finally got them to sit still for a picture!View attachment 3035607
This is the second ones bottom - there’s still a bump from that open hole, I can’t tell if it’s open or closed anymore and don’t want to risk putting bacteria etc. inside by touching it. Should I keep the duckling in the incubator for a bit longer? Think it’s been over 24 hours
No baby looks good to me
They can be together

No baby looks good to me
They can be together
Oh ok that’s good! They both seem strong right now but because of the blood veins left behind and the still slightly open hole (saw it today - it closed quite a bit though), is there anything specific I should give, particularly to the younger one to make sure there’s no complications later on as well? I’m not rly sure about the ones for humans with added stuff. I think I found the one for animals shown before but it takes 2 weeks to arrive and its £36, a bit out of budget right now! There’s also this:
EE19043F-07F7-4B9A-A1A9-045301DC5F46.png
25B3D564-D87C-466B-84C9-E94A805CCB19.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom