HELP any one here need to loose weight

Quote:
I have failed at 8 of these on this list. Would have been 9 but I started College a year ago and had to wake up my brain
smile.png
This does make sense and I think it would help out a lot.

I've never met a carb I didn't love. So I pulled out all refined carbs, no white flour, no white rice.... pretty much no white. We swiched to a heavily asian diet (stirfry, not deep fried
wink.png
) and I eat like I did in singapore, 1/2cup brown rice, alot of fresh veggies, some fruit, small meats, and no dairy. It helps that i grew up on this diet, so it's pretty normal to me.

We use to eat a lot of brown rice with a little meat in it. Little bit of Soy Sauce and it's pretty good stuff. We also do a stir fry with sirloin tips, mushrooms, bell pepper and onions and it is really good. My problem with that is that I like it so much I have to force myself to quit eating it.

We try not to fry many things because my daughter and I both get migraines and fried foods are an inhibitor. We use a bit of Olive Oil in our stir fry but not much.

Quote:
You're still eating like an american.
wink.png
get asain sized plates, or better yet a bento box. they hold single portions, instead of the multiple portions american plates hold, I use "normal" plates for salads only, and my small china set for meals with carbs. Bentos are easier, as you have a box to fill, once it's full, so are you. (ever see the guy at the salad bar place that makes a giant food sculpture to cram more on his plate? avoid that.)

http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-basics/selecting-right-bento-lunch-box

Here's the guidelines, I use a 550ml/cal box.

Last edited:
perchie.girl :

Quote:
You know this looks good to me. Somewhere I have a Paleo link for recipes and stuff....

If you sign up for his free newsletter the cookbooks you can download are excellent! We already eat Gluten free/dairy free for the most part so this has been a pretty easy transition for me, I struggle with my sugar intake. I do believe I have an addiction to sugar
hide.gif

It is so hard when your body hurts to exercise, I struggle with this!​

Quote:
wink.png
get asain sized plates, or better yet a bento box. they hold single portions, instead of the multiple portions american plates hold, I use "normal" plates for salads only, and my small china set for meals with carbs. Bentos are easier, as you have a box to fill, once it's full, so are you. (ever see the guy at the salad bar place that makes a giant food sculpture to cram more on his plate? avoid that.)

Them darn American plates their killing me!!
tongue.png
I can not tell a lie, we do use the round paper plates, and they are smaller than my glass plates because I don't like washing dishes. It's much faster cleaning up esp with my College load. Another problem I have is I only eat once a day, due to nausea. I wake up every morning with a morning sickness feeling. By the time I am not nauseated it's too close to supper time for me to eat anything. Me not being able to eat during the day is drastically slowing down my metabolism. I usually do not clean my plate, unless it's stir fry or Chinese. I love me some Chinese food made the American way, lol. I don't like true Chinese food, can't do the raw fish, unless it's in a California roll.

I have lost 36lbs since november....I haven't been trying to lose weight but to be honest I really needed to. My back was killing me and the weight on my hips and knees was way too much to deal with.

I got a job where I was no longer sitting behind a computer screen, and I am on my feet moving about. nothing too physical to be honest I work at a sandwich shop (ya tons of food and goodies) and well I have switched from white breads,pastas etc to brown.

my problem was that I could eat just as much or more than my Dh and kids put together. so I started eating smaller meals more frequently and gave up refined sugar for the most part, but again I didn't do this because I was trying to lose weight to be honest it was because one I was busy working and didn't have time to sit and eat a full meal and then I didn't really notice along the way that my voracious appetite shrunk.

My dh is the one that pointed it out to me, usually I would get a full plate heaping with pasta or what ever we had for dinner and he pointed that I was barely eating a small bowl.

My doctor told me soo many times that smaller meals more frequently throughout the day is the way to go because the body can break it down more easily and faster, well now I see what that means because it really is true. I always felt real sluggish after a big meal. I am not a breakfast person to be honest, I rather have brunch!!! but I decided to get Ensure because my doctor told me my vitamins were so low it was causing me to have the dizzy spells and the extreme tiredness, I found it tasted good and then soon enough I was actually eating breakfast like a fruit or yogurt. I discovered that by not skipping breakfast (even if the meal was tiny) I wouldn't pig out at lunch time, and by actually eating something for lunch I wouldn't pig out at dinner time too. I also don't eat past 8 pm now, because I found my body does not digest food very well as it gets later in the evening.

I am still struggling with soda, one of my biggest vices, and if I want to snack on movie day I get reduced salt and baked chips. Funny thing is as you begin to lose weight you become more aware about what you are eating.

I know I still need to lose another 40 or 50 lbs to reach a somewhat healthy weight, but I now know I can get there without killing myself on the yoyo diets or pills!!

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ema

Quote:
wink.png

http://justbento.com/handbook/bento-basics/selecting-right-bento-lunch-box

Here's the guidelines, I use a 550ml/cal box.

Checked out the bento boxes, those are pretty neat. When we cook the stir fry, my meat portion is usually about 2-3 ounces at the most and the rest of my plate is vegetables. I don't think I could eat all the food that fits in a bento box. I think my major problem is eating one meal a day.

Last edited:
I was doing a medically assisted diet (basically paying lots of $ for meals) and loosing weight each week. I've recently, primarily for budget reasons, quite the program and am doing it on my own. The way the program I was on worked, you were allowed 300 calories of protein shakes and 400-700 calories worth of premade meals (think nutrisystem) plus unlimited fruits and veggies. So, what I have been doing is buying LeanCusin and a protein powder called Spirutein (look at large grocers or health food stores), so far so good. Also, I have been trying to exersize every day (emphasis on trying), even without exersize I am loosing 2lbs a week. I'm not hungry, I find enough to eat and I like the food and shakes. My day is something like this : morning - 2 serving of shake, mid morning - fruit, lunch - salad and entree, snak - veggies w/FF dressing dip, dinner - salad and entree, dessert - shake.

I've also got a BFF who is holding me accountable.

Back
Top Bottom