divineangel94

Songster
Jul 17, 2019
What does it mean if your hen is slow, barely eating, has a big butt, and poops watery green poop? She still chases treats, and hangs around everybody. And even pecks every once in a while. Sometimes she will just sleep too. She even still cleans her own feathers.

How old is she?

Is her crop empty in the morning?
Still laying eggs?

Big butt, watery poop, moving slow, decrease appetite - I would hazard a guess that she's got some reproductive problems.

How old is she?

Is her crop empty in the morning?
Still laying eggs?

Big butt, watery poop, moving slow, decrease appetite - I would hazard a guess that she's got some reproductive problems.
It's pretty much empty a lot.
20200425_210707.jpg
20200425_210644.jpg
20200425_210626.jpg
20200425_210437.jpg
Here are some pictures I took that could help.

If she's not laying eggs, then she may have a reproductive problem, but I would still offer supportive care. Vitamins a couple of times a week. Encourage her to eat her normal food, check that her crop is empty in the morning, look her over for lice/mites, if possible get a fecal float to check for worms - if not consider worming her if you never have.

If she's not laying eggs, then she may have a reproductive problem, but I would still offer supportive care. Vitamins a couple of times a week. Encourage her to eat her normal food, check that her crop is empty in the morning, look her over for lice/mites, if possible get a fecal float to check for worms - if not consider worming her if you never have.
Thank you. A couple of my hens got food on the ground this morning that mrs. Star started to eat. I've just been looking after her.

I had to put her down. The vet said she was past saving. She had severe egg peritonitis/cancer. The vet humanly put her down and didnt even charge us. I miss her like crazy already but the vet said she was suffering. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom