How old is my rescue ? (Female)

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
Hello, I rescued this baby as many of y’all know. How old is she? I’m guessing probably old and her owners no longer could use her for eggs or such which is why they dumped her. But I could be wrong
IMG_2160.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    497.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2158.jpeg
    IMG_2158.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 4
I am not sure how to tell other than my blk runners are all turning white and they are 7.5 yrs old. But your new girl just looks washed out from the sun.
I think @cheezenkwackers said she thought she maybe a KC I am not that familar with the breed but maybe she can help.

People dump ducks for many reasons. :(

Hello, I rescued this baby as many of y’all know. How old is she? I’m guessing probably old and her owners no longer could use her for eggs or such which is why they dumped her. But I could be wrong
View attachment 3625015
With that blue wing patch she is not a pure Khaki. She is most likely a Khaki mix. I am going to guess around a year old, but she could be a little younger or a year or two older. But, she looks in too good of shape (except faded) to have been on her own for a long time.

With that blue wing patch she is not a pure Khaki. She is most likely a Khaki mix. I am going to guess around a year old, but she could be a little younger or a year or two older. But, she looks in too good of shape (except faded) to have been on her own for a long time.
Thank you, I’m glad she’s not super old because it’d probably be harder for her to adapt as a pet. (Although the only difference is she can’t roam freely until she understands this is her home/probably around 2 weeks)
I was thinking she was a mix of some sort, and her bleaching isn’t as bad now that she’s inside

One thing I noticed is she’s LOUD, you can hear her scream from miles! Enough for everyone to be side eyeing me when I first got her lmfao! She definitely has a voice.
Do you think she’s done growing? I was gonna get her a small harness instead of a medium but dunno if she’ll outgrow it (my ducks have special harnesses for when I hook them up to their 30ft leash n the delta)
I’m also gonna have to get another attachment since the current one only works for 2 :,)

Thank you, I’m glad she’s not super old because it’d probably be harder for her to adapt as a pet. (Although the only difference is she can’t roam freely until she understands this is her home/probably around 2 weeks)
I was thinking she was a mix of some sort, and her bleaching isn’t as bad now that she’s inside

One thing I noticed is she’s LOUD, you can hear her scream from miles! Enough for everyone to be side eyeing me when I first got her lmfao! She definitely has a voice.
Do you think she’s done growing? I was gonna get her a small harness instead of a medium but dunno if she’ll outgrow it (my ducks have special harnesses for when I hook them up to their 30ft leash n the delta)
I’m also gonna have to get another attachment since the current one only works for 2 :,)
+ I’m so glad I caught her bc it’s storming right now

Back
Top Bottom