How to treat niacin deficiency appropriately?

Water is going to weaken it so best to put over a treat just enough so they get the full dose. or a small bit of feed with the b complex mixed into it. You want to make sure this duckling that is having problems gets a full dose daily. I don't know why it seems just one duckling out of many will have a niacin deficiency but it seems that is usually the way it is. But there is still a good chance you can keep him from going lame in that leg if you get him started asap.
Okay, I’ll order this stuff now and get it started asap.

I don't think it's necessary. your only going to be dosing the one with the leg issues right with the liquid B complex? if so might as well give the rest the Brewers yeast or give it to your dogs and get Nutritional yeast for the rest of your birds

I don't think it's necessary. your only going to be dosing the one with the leg issues right with the liquid B complex? if so might as well give the rest the Brewers yeast or give it to your dogs and get Nutritional yeast for the rest of your birds
Okay, i’ll do that. Thank you.

Hello! I had to give b-complex to both my pekins. I used a syringe to measure out 1ML and put it in a bowl over some watermelon once a day. I held the bowl while they ate to make sure they got it all. They gobbled it right up everytime. It was the only thing I could find that they didn't "shun" when I offered it. They are now 11 weeks, and I sprinkle nutritional yeast on the their feed a few times a week. It took a few days to start noticing a difference, but it worked wonders for both of them. They still wait for their "bowls of watermelon", although it's plain now 🥰.

Can you put up a video?
I will try to post today if possible
Can you put up a video?

0FD3EDB0-2CD6-40F6-A23D-3CC7E67AA4A0.jpeg

03E7DC90-B965-44DE-A841-48DBD0EC2472.jpeg

Not sure if this helps, but this is him (not sure if it’s a drake, but i assume it is bc it has never quacked?). He has always been the smallest duckling out of all of them. There will be some times where he walks or runs a little fast or he stumbles sometimes. It’s not shown, but sometimes, he stands with one foot on top of the other.

I've never used Brewers yeast because it doesn't have enough niacin in it. I used Nutritional yeast even now that all my ducks are mature they still get it sprinkled on their feed a couple of times a week. But when my Runners showed shakey leg They got Liquid B complex. Just remember they need this until at least 10 weeks old and if Pekin maybe the rest of their lives.

I've never used Brewers yeast because it doesn't have enough niacin in it. I used Nutritional yeast even now that all my ducks are mature they still get it sprinkled on their feed a couple of times a week. But when my Runners showed shakey leg They got Liquid B complex. Just remember they need this until at least 10 weeks old and if Pekin maybe the rest of their lives.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/durvet-hi-level-vitamin-b-complex?cm_vc=-10005
Would this work?

That is it exactly. I ml daily. It says injectable but just peel off the metal top use a dropper or 1ml syringe and keep the bottle in the frig.

Back
Top Bottom