i am getting flack for my thermostat setting

I keep the upstairs at 62 - 64. Cooler at night is easier on my DD's asthma.

We burn the wood stove and fireplace down stairs and until I learned to regulate the heat I almost killed myself with heat stroke from it. I can keep the house between 66 - 70 almost 24/7 now.

My DH is the cold one. Always complaining - not with words but his actions, sitting in front of the fireplace until I can smell his clothes scorching or turning his side of the electric blanket to HI most of the night.

He had a water bed when we first married but that thing killed my back! Radiant heat he loved but I woke in sweat every single night in that heat trap of a bed.

I like to sleep in a cold room.

Okay, probably TMI again. When DH went to bed tonight, I asked him if he wanted another blanket on the bed and he said no. But I noticed he was wearing a thermal shirt, long johns covered by sweat pants and socks to bed.
lau.gif
I didn't say a word, but yep, another blanket on the bed tomorrow! And he can have most of the covers, just leave me the Lab!

I like to think of myself as someone who recycles paper, cans, plastic, etc. I drive Priuses, and I plant acres for the benefit of wildlife. However, there's a limit. I ain'ta gonna be chilly as long as there's five minutes of whatever energy is available to keep this place at 72 degrees 24/365.

I fight to keep mine down at 68....DH and kids want it higher and I want it lower so that was the compromise. At 71 where DH likes it I wake up in the middle of the night roasting. I told him to use the danged blanket and zip it...then I turn it off! lol

Quote:
It's 72*F on the thermostat. I'm wearing sweatpants, 2 thermal shirts, wool socks and Crocs, and I'm thinking how good my wool blanket will feel if I can peel myself away from BYC!
My hoodie is in the wash
sad.png

I have it set for 68 for the most part.Waiting nervously for my first real bill.My last bill was an estimated one at $94.

Sometimes I will turn it down during the day to 65 when the kids are at school then work it back up to 68 once they are home. I am not sure though if bringing it down and up is more expensive than just keeping it at say 67 all the time.

We get a lot of temp variation according to rooms.My dd has the warmest room right after the main bathroom,but the master is chilly all winter.My mom had a water bed and loved the hot/cold setting.Unfortunately it sprung a leak and there are no local water bed dealers these days.

I think 65 is ok if everyone in the house has adjusted to it.Seeing a bill can really make people change their tune.

Back
Top Bottom