I am looking into making existing items into Chicken tractor.

wilsonstarling

Hatching
5 Years
May 16, 2014

I have this steel diamond mesh welded trailer with handy car steel plated I am considering building cage on top with open back. My issues in my area are Red-tail Hawk, Fox, Coyote, Raccoon and Hello-Kitty. I know if I put a box down on ground overnight, Some engineering feet will be performed by something. If I boxed top of this with closing gate on back it will be about 6 X 12 box open mesh bottom. Would ventilation on bottom at night hurt the Meat Chickens. Would the 60 Ft2 approx area be enough for 25 as overnight enclosure. I am near positive I can do little angle with box made in back which I would make detachable that can extend run. I think my main question is should I think in another direction. My first personal thoughts see very high potential for this securing things at night much better than just wheeled box alone on ground. Think it wouldn't be hard to chase the chickens up the ramp/trailer and putting box which would become a steel jail. Between the diamond mesh, there is about room to just put pinky through. Also if covered with 4X8 sheet plywood bottom, I think I could setup brooder on top and park in lean-to attached to outdated coop.

Back
Top Bottom