I lost my car yesterday... update... the kid is in jail!!

Please oh please keep us posted with updates! I saw new activity on your thread and was hoping it was you saying you caught them red handed!

We're all cheering for you!
thumbsup.gif

If they took off on foot, then they had to leave the car. The police will be able to run their license tag to find out who the car is registered to. Then, maybe they will find the other kids for you to ID.

So, not only have they totaled your car, they have left the scene of the accident, and possibilly have a drug possession charge.

Quote:
I know it all happened quickly, but does the car appear to you to be that same one? And would you recognize the boys?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall to watch those boy's faces fall when they get caught. No good kids really make me mad. (Good kids on the other hand are a-ok by me)
roll.png

Good leg work! I would think at this point, if you could still recognize the kid that hit you, that you could simply ask to meet with the driver of this vehicle for a physical ID - I'm surprised the cops haven't already set that up.

If the cops won't move forward for lack of evidence, remember that they are working from a criminal perspective rather that a civil one and their standards of evidence need to be higher to bring charges.

BUT... you've got some plate numbers now and photographic documentation and could still move forward with civil charges if you wish. In many states DMV's are required to release DVM records (name, address, etc.) to civilians IF the request is in support of a lawsuit. So filing a small claims action is still a possibility to move your effort forward.

If the police charge them, then you've got it made - as they would automatically loose a civil case on the same matter.

Back
Top Bottom