Is this angel wing?

Thatcher R

Songster
Mar 12, 2022
This is a 3 week old call duckling, and I noticed this morning these little feathers kind of sticking out on her wings. Is it angelwing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 9
This is a 3 week old call duckling, and I noticed this morning these little feathers kind of sticking out on her wings. Is it angelwing?
What are you feeding?

Just looks like feathers to me.

Did you know that angel wing is NOT likely caused by excess protein as many have misunderstood (and try to cut by adding oats etc to their starter feed).. and is more likely caused by excess low nutrient energy from any source but also coupled with a genetic component.

ETA: I wonder if @Miss Lydia thinks it looks normal?

What are you feeding?

Just looks like feathers to me.

Did you know that angel wing is NOT likely caused by excess protein as many have misunderstood (and try to cut by adding oats etc to their starter feed).. and is more likely caused by excess low nutrient energy from any source but also coupled with a genetic component.

ETA: I wonder if @Miss Lydia thinks it looks normal?
Yeah, sorry for the blurry picture. I can see the adult feathers starting to come in under those, so I was curious if it was because she does look like her wings are droopy and slightly twisted. I’m feeding the dumor duckling feed which has 22% protein in it.

Ok the feathers have grown in a little more, does it look like angle wing now?

Attachments

• 672CF0AD-5C89-499D-A531-B89BCD7E9361.jpeg
    672CF0AD-5C89-499D-A531-B89BCD7E9361.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 3
Still a little hard to tell especially when they are still trying to grow their feathers. Do the wings feel like they are sticking out instead of laying more against their body?
They look like there growing straight outwards and look kind of floppy. Some times they go back into a normal position then go right back to sticking out.

They look like there growing straight outwards and look kind of floppy. Some times they go back into a normal position then go right back to sticking out.
The way you are describing it does sound like it but don’t be alarmed. It’s very easy to correct yourself. I’ve had to do two of my geese.
You said they are 3 weeks old?
@Miss Lydia
@Goosebaby
Should Thatcher R wrap them or give it a little more time?

Back
Top Bottom