July 2022 Hatch-A-Long

Pics
Update: I went to check on momma and the littles this morning and remove the HWC I put up at night so no one falls out and she was ready to get out of the nest and called the littles down. 1 from yesterday quit and the other one was dead in the nest. I set mom and the 5 babies up in the in coop brooder with food, and water with a bit of nutridrench. The last 3 eggs weren't fertile or quit super early not sure

Last edited:
Update: I went to check on momma and the littles this morning and remove the HWC I put up at night so no one falls out and she was ready to get out of the nest and called the littles down. 1 from yesterday quit and the other one was dead in the nest. I set mom and the 5 babies up in the in coop brooder with food, and water with a bit of nutridrench. The last 3 eggs weren't fertile or quit super early not sure
I’m glad to hear you got 5 healthy babies. The losses just show sometimes even a good broody struggles. :hugs

@MochaLatte , what's your profile pic? It looks a bit like a Pita Pinta to me?

I candled today (day six), and I think that my egg with the wonky air cell died. (this thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/backwards-air-cell-what-should-i-do.1536006/page-2 I'll update it with pictures some time this weekend). I think my other Pavlovskaya died as well. Not positive, I'll give it a few more days. Everything else is looking great, including two Blue Laced Red Wyandottes eggs that the woman I bought them from was hesitant to sell to me. The rooster in her flock died over two weeks ago, but they're doing great.

As for the guinea eggs from my own flock, only one looks like it's developing. I'll give it until tomorrow and then if it still looks good I'll put two more chicken eggs in the bator so a few chicks hatch at the same time as the keets. I have a super tiny egg that's not silky, and small enough to be fairy, but it still has a yolk that I'd like to try to hatch.

Prue and her babies settling in, I'm in love with the red one❤

Attachments

• 20220702_112352.jpg
    20220702_112352.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom