March Hatch-A-Long

Pics
This morning a sultan was out in the incubator and another one hatched not long after. This means that there are 2 d'uccle eggs and a sultan egg left to hatch this round. The sultan egg and one of the d'uccle eggs are pipped, but the other d'uccle egg seems to be a quitter as there is no movement. Also, noticed that there is a tiny crack in one end of the egg that is likely to blame. You would think that it wouldn't develop with the crack, but it did:idunno

Also, yesterday, I put in four porcelain d'uccle eggs in and a couple of cemani crosses. My next hatch day is Thursday, and I'm expecting some cemani crosses to hatch. I'm excited to see how they come out.

Thanks @Stick Chicken, I’d been impressed with Brinsea incubators, very accurate and no baby sitting. I’m co-owner with pricey ovation 28 EX with a friend and I have a Mini II EX here at home, that I will be firing up for Easter hatch along. My wife was miffed that I brought more chicks last night LOL, I said do you rather have me have an expensive hobby like a sports car or go out with friends all the time or stay home with my chicks? :duc She couldn’t answer. But she came down in the basement/laundry room to check the chicks with me, I guess for sympathy.

Congratulations everyone on your hatches and beautiful little babies.

So far I've managed not to buy shipped eggs, but I'm going to for our next quail hatch. @Ms Biddy good idea to order more than needed for shipped eggs. I was thinking the same since hatch rates are so low on those.

I just locked down our quail eggs. I got 44 eggs from a local and added 1 of ours. 31 made it past the first candle at 10 days. Should hatch sometime Wednesday.

Great way of getting others to accept what you're doing is to give worse alternatives:gig
Huh...I do this ALL the time:gig plus i always say "you spend $100's on cigars every year and all you'll get from it is sick, I get eggs, companionship, fresh air and cute little fuzzy butts" Now whenever my DH says anything about my chickens I just say one word..."cigars" Thank goodness he has a nasty hobby...wins me all kinds of arguments :duc

LOL, I just ordered a premiere one heat plate....should be delivered today.

Is anyone here hatching in the easter hatch a long? I was going to set eggs this past week but the weather was bad so I decided to wait, so I have decided to just do the easter hatch. Just wondering if I will see any of y'all over there?

Back
Top Bottom