Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

WE HAVE CHICKS!!! Such nice people!!

We are finally home!!!

I've blogged about the trip & posted pics about my girls. Of course I'm going to post them here too :)

Here are the direct links to my blog postings in anyone wants to read them:
The trip - http://www.secreturbanchicks.com/2014/07/the-day-is-here.html

Intro of the girls - http://www.secreturbanchicks.com/2014/07/meet-ladies.html

And here are the pics!!

BC Maran - Collette

BLRW - Pippa

Blue Orp - Flora

Buff Orp - Doc McCluckins

G Laced Wyandotte - Poppy

G. Laced Polish - Belle

S. Laced Polish - Esmerelda

Belle fell asleep in my hands as I was looking at her closer - she has a stubby toe. No biggie, but glad to find it now, rather than worry it was an injury.

And since I never shared their 2 week picks - here are my NON-MEYER Crested Cream Legbars

Gidget - 2 weeks old

Gizmo - 2 weeks old

Hola! Ok so it is blazing here, our temp gauge hit 103 earlier. So I got some better pics of some of the girls and boys in question. Also update- saw big red trying to mount an EE today so we are for sure we have 4 roosters total. Not sure what we will do at this point. Everyone is getting along, big red ( doesn't have a name yet) has good instincts, always positions himself at the front of the coop at night where he can look out a window. He might be the alpha at this point. Anyway, here are some better pics.

Honey

Possible Barnevelder hen? -

Cornish or double lace Barnvelder, I am leaning towards Cornish.

Isis -

I have more pics but don't wanna high jack the thread. So I will stop for now, lol. I might be addicted:D

@COChix, we have perennials all over the yard but here is a shot of my favorite perennial garden. Of course the petunias are annuals, but, everything else is perennial. It's great for cut flowers, the flox stay looking fresh along time!

Meyers BCMs eggs are beautiful. Not as dark as I dreamed about but I still love them. Just thought I would post to show those that wonder how dark they are. The middle row is BCMs and the other two dark ones are welsommers the rest are barred rocks and blue Cochins.

Ha! Husband just texted "Can you put together a collection of Light and Buff Brahma pics? I need to compare them." Why yes, yes I can put together one of my ridiculous collages for you! I already have lots of pics in a Brahma folder on my computer ;)

I haven't been able to get any good pics of my girls in a long time...but I'm getting a decent DSLR for Christmas! So that will change!!

Today's egg haul: 2 new eggs. I definitely have 1 CCL and my black copper marans laying. I'm expecting my other CCL and one of my Polish hens to start laying very soon...

The comparison of the eggs - bottom row are the 1st eggs. Top row are today's eggs - getting bigger and better colors

Today's haul!

Enough to eat!!! LOOK AT THOSE ORANGE YOLKS!!! The shells were pretty hard too - glad to know they have enough calcium in their system!!

Back
Top Bottom