Muscovy eggs

Can you see if the yolk sac is absorbed? Can you post a pic of what this shell an duckling look like. If you still seeing blood vessel I’d not try and get the shell off yet but if you have coconut oil or Vaseline you can use a q tip and try and put some on the membrane to keep the membrane from drying out. @WVduckchick can most likely help more.

Can you see if the yolk sac is absorbed? Can you post a pic of what this shell an duckling look like. If you still seeing blood vessel I’d not try and get the shell off yet but if you have coconut oil or Vaseline you can use a q tip and try and put some on the membrane to keep the membrane from drying out. @WVduckchick can most likely help more.
Sorry I just saw this. When I brought it in this morning it was still there. Its out of the shell now trying to move around. It kicked it off about 2 hours ago. But i dont know if its neck got stepped on or what but its having a hard time holding its head up. Eyes are open, its Chirping up a storm and moving around but its head won't stay up for very long. Unless that's normal for a little bit after coming out. I dont know because anytime I've seen them its after they've already came out and dried off. Is there anything I can do to help stabilize its neck if there is something wrong?

So she's still trying to walk around but still having difficulty holding her head up. I'm going to tractor supply as soon as they open this morning to pick up some nutri drench I think is what it's called to see if that will help

20190813_091303.jpg

Last night I gave her a tiny bit of pedialyte mixed with water and she started moving around a lot. Just gave her the nutri drench and keeping an eye on her. She's moving around little by little but she still will barely hold her head

Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be doing much better holding up that head. Precious little one. Did you give the Nutri drench straight? it can be given that way and works faster. Tiny drops just inside the bill.

I actually mixed it with a tiny bit of water and used a dropper and gave her a drop out of it every hour that's what the lady said to do at tractor supply. Unfortunately she passed away at some point after I left for my son's drs appt. I dont know what could have happened she was doing so good. After I gave her that stuff she had her eyes open and was trying to move around a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom