My Duck Ate . . . Something

I hope everything goes well! That sounds very scary. I worry about my chickens picking up a staple or something from all the work we've done on their run, but I've tried to get everything. Your vet sounds amazing, and it's nice to know that regardless of outcome, everything was done possible to try to save her. I'll be watching for an update on Quackers.

good luck Quackers.
fl.gif

Here's to young vets who are willing to help so that they can also learn.
hugs.gif

i just spoke with my vet. She had some very sad news. Quackers made it through the surgery, but then crashed as she was coming out of the anesthesia. They did CPR but couldn't save her. Seems she had ingested some small rocks, some were sharp, perforated her stomach, and went into the abdomen. She had developed peritonitis. She said the vet performing the surgery did an excellent job removing every bit of rock, cleaning up the area, and suturing her back up. Everyone was so happy that things went so well, then felt so bad when she crashed and died.

i had felt she would not make it, as she was so thin and weak. i am so grateful to my vet for giving her a chance. Rest in Peace, little Quackers.

I'm so sorry. How harrowing for you
sad.png
she got the best chance she could have had, though!

Darned if I know how you could have prevented it... or prevent it from happening AGAIN once she got home. I mean... how do you rock-proof the outdoors
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom