My Ideal Babies (and others!), week 7/8 - PIC HEAVY

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
Here's some pics of our chicks, that quickly are not resembling chicks anymore!

Here are a few of the Ideal babies at week 7/8.

week8_1.jpg

week8_1b.jpg

week8_2.jpg

week8_4.jpg

week8_10.jpg

week8_17.jpg

week8_8.jpg

^ The roosters are becoming quite obvious. I'm wondering about all of the ones whose combs are not big and turning red at this point.

week8_14.jpg

week8_12.jpg

week8_9.jpg

week8_13.jpg

^ We have to watch how we hook up our web cam now! This is the only EE roo from Ideal we got that is mostly white.

week8_16.jpg

^ And here's one more pic of him, from the front.

week8_11.jpg

^ This guy will be my problem roo. He picks a lot of fights, and as you can see, he's got a bit of an attitude! I have a feeling I might just be cooking him up for dinner here in the next month or so.

These are some of the babies from our first batch of eggs:

week8_3.jpg

^ I'm not sure what's up with this little one... but she is tiny. Way smaller than any of the others hatched out at the same time. The birds two weeks younger are quickly getting bigger than her. I'm wondering if one of her parents was a bantam breed. She's also got a single comb instead of a rose comb, unlike the other three EE's that hatched out with her. I think this one and the one below are hens.

week8_5.jpg

week8_7.jpg

^ Potential rooster... which would make my husband happy. He named this one Obama when it hatched since it was just a day or two after the election.

week8_15.jpg

^ Rhode Island White roo #1

And one of the little guys from the second (fridge) batch of eggs:

week8_6.jpg

week8_18.jpg

^ "BP", aka "Black Pearl". This was the little guy/girl who burnt its eyeball on the heat element just after it hatched. It has successfully overcome that injury and has gone on to become a chick with an attitude, and defends itself quite well against the bigger birds in the coop. It's also starting to show signs of brown feathering! We thought for sure it would be an all black chicken, but I guess not!

Will edit the post when I have more pics of the other guys to add in the next few days.

Last edited:
You're girls look like some of mine but that Roo is GORGEOUS!!!!!
droolin.gif
And the babies are really pretty too
love.gif

Is that roo the one with the green spot in the baby pics?

coloradochick, thank you!
smile.png
He (the white guy) is a sweetie.
smile.png

Year of the Rooster, thanks! I've been pleased with how the colors have been turning out so far. Can't wait to see what they look like all grown up! Keeping my fingers crossed for my project.
smile.png
I'll post updates on that when I've got them, but it may be months between news.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom