Need a hug, take a hug.

tackle-gif.1034204
(hugs)

Guys... tonight I feel defeated. I feel like I'm drowning, but I'm not drowning in water, I'm drowning in dust. We had the thickest duststorm rip through this afternoon, in parts causing it to be pitch black. It was again raining at the same time. It hurts my heart and I think, we are never going to get through this drought. There are people doing it way tougher then us, I know that. My heart hurts for them aswell. But tonight it hurts the most for my family. Alot of people say to me "oh but your lucky, your husbands an employee at the end of the day he still gets paid". Yes, he is an employee. But for how much longer will he be an employee? If it doesn't rain, there'll soon be no work. If there's no work he will no longer have a job. We will not have a house to live in if there is no longer a job for him. We litterally loose everything. Sometimes life just sucks.

Guys... tonight I feel defeated. I feel like I'm drowning, but I'm not drowning in water, I'm drowning in dust. We had the thickest duststorm rip through this afternoon, in parts causing it to be pitch black. It was again raining at the same time. It hurts my heart and I think, we are never going to get through this drought. There are people doing it way tougher then us, I know that. My heart hurts for them aswell. But tonight it hurts the most for my family. Alot of people say to me "oh but your lucky, your husbands an employee at the end of the day he still gets paid". Yes, he is an employee. But for how much longer will he be an employee? If it doesn't rain, there'll soon be no work. If there's no work he will no longer have a job. We will not have a house to live in if there is no longer a job for him. We litterally loose everything. Sometimes life just sucks.
Oh gosh I am so sorry. :hugs You all in Australia are going through the worst of apocalyptic times what with all the drought and fires. Our country has seen the "dust bowl days" too where the black dust blew for nearly a decade. Killed people and animals, displaced families, folks lost it all. We out here in New Mexico have been dealing with drought, forest fires and in the spring we get wicked dust storms as well. It's tough, its ugly, it's depressing, I know. :hugs Some people attempt to make you feel better, or make themselves feel better by claiming that possibly you have it better than they do. :hmm Sometimes a person needs a bit more empathy than that. :hugs I wish I could reach through this thing and give you a real hug. :hugs We are all very linked to our environment, when it's falling apart, so do we. The planet is definitely suffering and we all feel it. We are all here praying for you and your family and hope the nightmare ends for all of you in Australia. MASSIVE love and hugs coming your way @Muscovy Wunda :love :hugs

Thank you. Sometimes you just need to vent in a safe place. I've seen it before, but this is my first time dealing with it as a real adult. I hope there's no dust for you this spring. Just a nice, clean breeze :hugs
This is why BYC is such a wonderful place, we can reach across the miles and comfort one another. :hugs

Dust and dirt have set up villages here in the house, :lol: a permanent fixture, along with the wood stove dust. :rolleyes: And the springtime winds have no mercy, they are right around the corner too!

I hope you are ok out there, wear a dust mask when you go outside. Acrid air burns the lungs, life is tough enough. :hugs

Keep us posted on your black blizzards! :hugs

I want to invite @bantamgirl91 over here for a hug. :hugs
After reading a post of hers, I think she could use a few. BantamGirl, BYC is a great place to live and learn with others that have like minded ideas and goals. We all love our birds, and enjoy sharing them and our time with one another. I promise, you will get some good advice on how to handle your situation.
:hugs :hugs :hugs

Thank you so much!! <3 I truly appreciate all the help and the kindness!

Back
Top Bottom