NOOOoo * YESSSss ~ Horse that wasn't bred foaled!!

Quote:
smile.png

I sure don't mind...I am terrible finding links and still bummed about my dying chicks lost in the mail.
I will try to find it.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
tongue.png

If there's one thing I know now, it's that I am NOT a master! I know more than Joe Schmo down the street about some things, but I could learn my entire life and not be a "master".

Farrier,
Do you have that book you referenced? Can you quote from it? I would be interested in what he has to say.

Last edited:
Well I still am not sure about the lethal pally gene but I know one thing....I don't think we will ever have to sell this foal! My husband walks in from work today smiling so big and saying " I love the new pony, she is so pretty"
big_smile.png
I mean, he never does this. When I get a new horse, he usually moves out down in the cabin for a day or two and lectures me about how we don't need anymore horses, etc..etc.. LOL That makes me really happy that he is enjoying our new little surprise.
big_smile.png

The little filly is doing great still. She is a very active one. She runs around investigating everything! Then she takes off running bucking and frolicking lol I left my camera at my g-mothers yesterday so it will be tomorrow before I can do more pics.

Gypsy is such a great mom. I stayed out with them today and let her out of the pasture with the baby. Usually she takes off and hangs in the cotton field but she stays right here close with the baby. She watches her really close and talks to her alot. She loves her and is such a great first time mom. I am impressed with her. This is a mare that doesn't like other horses in her field and she prefers to be alone.

More pictures?? We can NEVER have too many pictures ... they change daily at this age ..

Quote:
She is just beautiful! I was thinking about a name last night. I came up with Traveling Gypsy's Honey Surprise! Just a thought ! Have you found out Daddy full name yet? I agree we need more pictures!!!!
caf.gif

Last edited:
She's beautiful! So is her mom and dad, I love palominos!

I'd also like to hear more about this palomino thing, I didn't see anything on the links posted, and I've certainly never heard of it.

What is it related to? The creme gene? So are buckskins also affected? What about palomino to cremello? Or Cremello to cremello? Personally I'm skeptical, like I said I've never heard of it. I have heard of something similar w/ roans, although I don't know if that has been proven either.

Lethal white is a pinto problem, frame overo to frame overo.

Statistically w/ palomino x palomino (I think this may have already been mentioned) your chances are 25% sorrel/chestnut 50% palomino and 25% cremello. We ended up w/ a sorrel w/ our palomino to palomino breeding.

Back
Top Bottom