It's really hard to get a flat picture of grid fencing.
20181213_090535.jpg

So it's bent at that first green post. So hard it popped the ties off. Then creased around the leg of the carport frame. The fence was hooked just past the red on the building.
20181213_090547.jpg

All 4 hooks look like that.
20181213_153305.jpg
20181213_153320.jpg

You can see the boulder shaped indent in the fence. And the lake from all the snow melting.

WOW Nunny!

I can see where the ground stakes didn't hold too. That looks to me like dog damage.

Our old Malamute was destructive to chain link even. He would bow it and distort the fence badly.

Are those straightened out pieces on the building aluminum or steel?

https://www.ebay.com/p/COL-MET-10-i...0%26rvr_ts%3Da9b31faa1670ac797d16c088ffc71b77

These stakes work much better than the wide top ones.

I actually used rebar and a welder to make hooks to hold a galvanized pipe to the ground on part of the kennel. Extreme measures for extreme dogs.

I am so glad your birds weren't in the run when all that went down.

Any prints in the snow or mud at all?

I would back up the metal holding the wire to the posts with bailing wire double folded.
That is some serious attempt to get in the run.

So the hooks were meant to be temporary. View attachment 1615458
This is how the back is on. I didn't get all the fencing done before I could no longer use my hands in the cold. I have never seen a fence bent like that. I will definitely be keeping an eye out and working on it any chance I get.

ahhh I see. Nice use of J clips.

I wish I could send you my old fence charger from the bull pen. That would knock whatever is trying the fence into the next county!
:lau

Yup it kept the bulls in the pen. :cool:

ahhh I see. Nice use of J clips.

I wish I could send you my old fence charger from the bull pen. That would knock whatever is trying the fence into the next county!
:lau

Yup it kept the bulls in the pen. :cool:
Those little clips are awesome. But also what stalled fence installation. It was so hard to wrangle them where I wanted and clip them with half numb fingers. LOL

Quite the start to my day.... something bowled through the chicken fence. It's bent pretty good and the hooks I was using are straight out the wrong direction. So what I hoped would be the first day they would come out in about a week is another day of lockdown in the coop. I knew I needed to finish the fence but I wasn't expecting it to be completely torn off the building. Reassures my instinct to do a door from the coop to the run not a gate on the run.
Lost another hen too. The 2nd Cuckoo Marans. Another Necropsy is in order. I'm guessing much the same as her sister. She was walking around, if a bit subdued, yesterday.
So sorry you lost another one!

Back
Top Bottom