Hi folks!

I've got a fun 2 days ahead of me. DH and MIL are going to PA so MIL can visit her mother (and do some shopping while they are there). They are leaving shortly and will be coming back tomorrow. I'll be here with FIL and Thing 1. My parents will be back sometime today. Thankfully, I'm not working today, so I can focus on taking care of Thing 1. Tomorrow, I'll be taking him over to my parents after breakfast so I can focus on work. I don't know if it is my tolerance or if it is T1, but he seems to be getting more needy recently and it makes it really hard to focus on working, especially when I don't have any help. My goal today is to try to take it easy (as easy as I can while taking care of a very active 2.5, almost 3 year old). I did way too much yesterday and was getting Braxton Hicks contractions every time I moved. That was not fun.

Hi folks!

I've got a fun 2 days ahead of me. DH and MIL are going to PA so MIL can visit her mother (and do some shopping while they are there). They are leaving shortly and will be coming back tomorrow. I'll be here with FIL and Thing 1. My parents will be back sometime today. Thankfully, I'm not working today, so I can focus on taking care of Thing 1. Tomorrow, I'll be taking him over to my parents after breakfast so I can focus on work. I don't know if it is my tolerance or if it is T1, but he seems to be getting more needy recently and it makes it really hard to focus on working, especially when I don't have any help. My goal today is to try to take it easy (as easy as I can while taking care of a very active 2.5, almost 3 year old). I did way too much yesterday and was getting Braxton Hicks contractions every time I moved. That was not fun.
Rae, Best of luck. I'll defer to other Mom's, but if memory serves DS became extremely clingy the closer it got for DD. Hope you're able to rest some today

Hi folks!

Take care of yourself, and have some hugs from me. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Samsquamch
Welcome! I don’t know what that means though. Ha!
Hi folks!

Kids seem to sense when you need need you time or need to do something else and become the neediest little creatures. Couch rest, watch tv, play games and have a day of sitting with the little monster.

Henrietta is back to having weird poops again. I am giving her a round of 250mg Flagyl in hopes of knocking it out with Corid. In week 3, I should have just taken her to the vet and saved myself the worry. But whatever.

As I have sat here and watched her I have noticed that her comb and wattles constantly change colors, from a gorgeous dark cherry red to sickly pale pink. She wouldn’t eat herself this morning, but she is preening to look pretty and stare out the window. I think I will sit her on the back porch in a bit.

Rae, Best of luck. I'll defer to other Mom's, but if memory serves DS became extremely clingy the closer it got for DD. Hope you're able to rest some today

Take care of yourself, and have some hugs from me. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Thanks. I decided that today is a movie day. I’ve put a movie on my computer for him to watch and I’m lying down in bed. It helps that my bedroom is currently my office.

Welcome! I don’t know what that means though. Ha!

Kids seem to sense when you need need you time or need to do something else and become the neediest little creatures. Couch rest, watch tv, play games and have a day of sitting with the little monster.

Henrietta is back to having weird poops again. I am giving her a round of 250mg Flagyl in hopes of knocking it out with Corid. In week 3, I should have just taken her to the vet and saved myself the worry. But whatever.

As I have sat here and watched her I have noticed that her comb and wattles constantly change colors, from a gorgeous dark cherry red to sickly pale pink. She wouldn’t eat herself this morning, but she is preening to look pretty and stare out the window. I think I will sit her on the back porch in a bit.

The dang birds can be tatering frustrating!

As I went to get Miss May to cull her she was up and nibbling.
:barnie I wish she would decide whether she is going to put forth the effort to survive a bit longer or not!

Her poop that was thick yellow has been a one time thing so I second guess my belief that she is internally laying.

View attachment 1747317
They are definitely hers now!

And apparently the sound of peeping chicks triggers hormones in Bantam Cochins....I know have 2 more brooding. Way too young so I’m going break them. I just can’t believe it happened overnight.
Lol! Yep, peeping triggers EVERYBODY! Pat will be broody before you know it.;)

@staceyj

View attachment 1747692[/QUOTE]
How big is it? It looks like some kind of parasitic wasp.
The dang birds can be tatering frustrating!

As I went to get Miss May to cull her she was up and nibbling.
:barnie I wish she would decide whether she is going to put forth the effort to survive a bit longer or not!

Her poop that was thick yellow has been a one time thing so I second guess my belief that she is internally laying.
She sounds like Marlene, on death's door one day perfectly fine the next.:barnie

Sort of in a pickle, not too bad though. I had to get the littles scratch and peck starter because chewy was out of browns and they don't like it at all.
Chewy has browns back in stock but until it gets here they're having to eat the big ones kalmbach, and that is kind of fine since the adults like the scratch and peck starter food.
Shouldn't be more than a few days, but it is a weird arrangement for sure. Technically I could go get some dumor but iv'e gotten so many funky bags i'm thinking i'll just ride it out since everybody is actually getting to eat.:)

Lol! Yep, peeping triggers EVERYBODY! Pat will be broody before you know it.;)

@staceyj

View attachment 1747692
How big is it? It looks like some kind of parasitic wasp.
She sounds like Marlene, on death's door one day perfectly fine the next.:barnie[/QUOTE]

It is very stressful!
This morning she ate some scratch and a bit of boiled chopped egg on her own. When I separate her she adamantly refuses to eat but in the group she eats a small amount.
:barnie

Edited because autocorrect is stupid.
Not sure why the tater the quote is all messed up either....:hmm

Back
Top Bottom