Forgot the pictures. :he

IMG_20190614_103056.jpg IMG_20190614_103110.jpg IMG_20190614_103104.jpg
I got this little cutie on clearance. :cool:

Most of the plants are salvaged from my butterfly garden. The hot pink penstemon should draw in lots of bees. :p

@oldhenlikesdogs it's getting there!

I still need to do my bog filter. It will sit behind the box and up above it feeding onto a waterfall rock. There will be blooming things in it too. :p

I think it is progressing like I wanted.

OH and the 3 pots with nothing showing are planted with gladiolas that should bloom white.

I still need to do my bog filter. It will sit behind the box and up above it feeding onto a waterfall rock. There will be blooming things in it too. :p

I think it is progressing like I wanted.

OH and the 3 pots with nothing showing are planted with gladiolas that should bloom white.
That looks like some hummers ought to come!

Lol! And the derping begins!:lau

I love em already. Although of course they were the hardest to photograph. Stuck 8 wyandottes in the photo box and they all just stood there and looked cute. Derps screamed and ran in three different directions. DH laughed himself sick watching me try to herd them with one hand and hold the phone with the other.
Morning folks :frow

Ended up with 71 in the box and 2 staying in the bator.

Woohoo congrats on the successful hatch. That is a lot of babies

All the chicks are adorable! These two look feisty!
:cool:

They stick together like two little peas. It is so sweet.

They are magnificent! I was wondering about the splotches, I thought someone had been maimed. I tried giving it to Klaus once when she was acting a bit off... I made mistakes too. She was bigger so I ended up putting it on bread, but she didn't like it.

I did eventually succeed in getting a few drops in every chicks' mouth. It is just that along they way I also got it on their heads, and my hands, and my shirt, and all over my desk :idunno

I am planting a bright pink penstemon, salvia in blue and pink, cone flower, small gladiolas, and a blooming little pink thing. I hope for winged visitors like bees, butterflies and Dragon flies. If I am really lucky I may get a hummingbird or hummingbird moth. :p

It looks gorgeous already! Love the choice of flowers!

I have what's probably a stupid question...
What's up w/ William's feathers? His chest his patchy and you can see in the first pick that he's got a bald neck. In the lower pictures, esp the bottom one you can see that his wings are very rough looking. He did a full molt last fall. He turned 2 in Feb.. I've checked him and several others for mites and whatnot... he dusts, but not as frequently as the hens. Is this normal wear and tear? My hens that molted last fall look amazing still & the few that have been in a perpetual molt for the past few months look terrible, but even their feathers aren't this damaged. I was thinking about giving him a puff of poultry dust to see if that helps, but haven't b/c I cannot find the container. View attachment 1812724 View attachment 1812725 View attachment 1812727

I have no idea :confused: Sorry.

Oooo that's a lot of turkey. You could list them as Thanksgiving Turkeys, some assembly required. LOL

:yuckyuck

OH! I completely forgot. Last night when I was counting chickens I heard a weird sound and turned my head and a fawn about 3' tall ran right past the chicken coop! I never saw a mama or any other babies. It stood in the clearing about 20' behind the coop for a few minutes and when I looked again it was gone. I wanted to get a better look, but I was worried the mama would come along and get upset w/ me being too close to her baby.

That is so cool!

Congrats!

Thanks! First time getting shipped chicks and I am so happy it turned out well even though the PO is full of taterheads. :D

Aaaaaaaand because nothing ever goes like it should.
:barnie

A young man with a pest control company just stopped by.

They are going to be treating 20 houses/yards in the hood for spiders, ants, wasps etc.

The poor bees. :barnie:barnie:barnie

I will be watching for my bee keeper neighbor to come home. He needs to know. He just bought 2 new hives.

Last edited:

They are going to be treating 20 houses/yards in the hood for spiders, ants, wasps etc.

I will be watching for my new keeper neighbor to come home. He needs to know. He just bought 2 new hives.
:hit

I will be watching for my new keeper neighbor to come home. He needs to know. He just bought 2 new hives.
That seems really excessive. At least they told people.

That seems really excessive. At least they told people.

Yeah, telling us is the only good thing.

The person right next door has a company come spray her yard.....often.
They never tell us.

Last year I confronted the guy wanting to know what the tater they were shooting up into the trees and over the fence.

"We don't use pesticides that harm bees."
:rolleyes: He seemed to really believe that it was safe for use where bees are.
:rant

For real. :(

ETA:
Today's guy was shocked when I told him I don't use chemicals in my yard. He wanted to know what I use........
Seriously I have a healthy population of garden snakes and spiders.
There is a jumping spider in my shop as big as a mouse.
:eek:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom