Thanks! I've never heard of this. Sunday I spent a good hour w/ a garden rake breaking up the compacted top layer of poop and dirt in the big run... I was stupid to expect my bird would mix in all the saw dust I'd put in there over the winter. There was a nice defined layers of poop & dirt/ sawdust/ leaves/ dirt. I got some of it mixed in. What was weird was the top looked bone dry, but when I used the rake to peel back sections, under that it was wet. It smelled a lot better after I mixed it all up though. I didn't get it all done though, after I ended up snorting a mosquito I decided I was done.

I'm glad they begged you to come back, even if you didn't do it. B/c that way you knew they knew that screwed up. Good for you for not going back, you know that even if things started out better they'd likely end up back where they were before.
Snorting mosquitoes -- LOL, not the best thing to snort I'd say! Under the roosts can get caked, sometimes a flat shovel removal just seems best. Out to the run upside down, they will scratch it and it will dry out! But, remember this is done in dry & sunny Riverside, CA, your mileage may vary . . .

Got to fork the run? For some reason I read salad instead of garden...:gig
Lol! :lau
Mosquito snorting. :gig:gig:gig:gig:gig:duc

That is freaking hilarious! Not fun from the receiving end I am sure, but for some reason funny from here......probably because I have been there. :hmm

A garden fork works well for turning a run. I find it easier than a rake.
Just in case you have to do it again.

Hi everyone,

Milk Drinker #2 arrived at. 8:30 this morning. 16 hours after the first serious contraction.

He is 21” long and 10lb .7oz and already a champion nurser.
005B2DA4-4850-4244-A271-501C2CD22E89.jpeg

@Texas Kiki @staceyj

Back
Top Bottom