Good morning all. Wish it was Saturday already!
Good morning Daniel :frow have a great Friday

Good morning all. I hatched 9 more guineas and 3 Cornish over the last few days. I toe punched the guineas I want to sell to tell them apart from my hatchery guineas.
Good morning Rae :frowenjoy your Friday

Good morning Parront :frowhave a great Friday

We are West Coast time, but I run on chicken time. Fun watching them decide to roost or not! By 9 or 10 it is lights out here. :)

Me too. Usually Right after the weather that starts at 9:30

Put an open dish of vinegar out on the counter. That soaks up stinky smells.
X2

Morning all

Thursday I noticed I'm missing 5 of 14 two weeks old poults. The moms refused the coop. 2 moms went in the trees last night and left the poults crying. My original hen welcomed them with her 4 and I managed to herd them into Steve's run, but not the coop. The other hen and poult I started to herd and the poult ran around the corner and right into the main coop. It had hatched in there.

DP traps empty but not tripped. I went out to make sure the fence was on, and later to check on a coop I couldn't remember locking. Everything was on and locked. Both times no cat food in the DP and I refilled... I am thinking rodents. Box trap was the same

I caught a smaller opossum this morning in the box trap. .. and DP no bait.

Me too. Usually Right after the weather that starts at 9:30

X2

Morning all

Thursday I noticed I'm missing 5 of 14 two weeks old poults. The moms refused the coop. 2 moms went in the trees last night and left the poults crying. My original hen welcomed them with her 4 and I managed to herd them into Steve's run, but not the coop. The other hen and poult I started to herd and the poult ran around the corner and right into the main coop. It had hatched in there.

DP traps empty but not tripped. I went out to make sure the fence was on, and later to check on a coop I couldn't remember locking. Everything was on and locked. Both times no cat food in the DP and I refilled... I am thinking rodents. Box trap was the same

Missing poults! So sorry! did the other hen adopt them, or are they still missing? Vinegar sounds a lot easier then scrubbing every surface with spray cleaner. I even washed all the un-used towels because they are stored on open shelving in the bathroom. Not putting out extra towels any more, either! Lots of stuff to learn!

Sounds like you got a smart coon or something else on your hands. Do you have a trail cam? One thing you can do is put yummy sticky stuff on the leaver if they aren’t pulling it.

Missing poults! So sorry! did the other hen adopt them, or are they still missing? Vinegar sounds a lot easier then scrubbing every surface with spray cleaner. I even washed all the un-used towels because they are stored on open shelving in the bathroom. Not putting out extra towels any more, either! Lots of stuff to learn!
They are missing... No bodies and 4 are mainly white so I looked through the weeds, but I could have missed something. Molting going on but I don't see a feather predator pattern. I believe it happened at night. Had coons do this in the spring... removed a bunch.

Sounds like you got a smart coon or something else on your hands. Do you have a trail cam? One thing you can do is put yummy sticky stuff on the leaver if they aren’t pulling it.
I tried some agave this spring and apparently they don't like it any more than I do. I have some honey I am going to try tonight
ETA
I have a trail cam somewhere

They are missing... No bodies and 4 are mainly white so I looked through the weeds, but I could have missed something. Molting going on but I don't see a feather predator pattern. I believe it happened at night. Had coons do this in the spring... removed a bunch.
How could they be back -- I remember coon-apocalypse at your place.

Back
Top Bottom