Me too. Usually Right after the weather that starts at 9:30

X2

Morning all

Thursday I noticed I'm missing 5 of 14 two weeks old poults. The moms refused the coop. 2 moms went in the trees last night and left the poults crying. My original hen welcomed them with her 4 and I managed to herd them into Steve's run, but not the coop. The other hen and poult I started to herd and the poult ran around the corner and right into the main coop. It had hatched in there.

DP traps empty but not tripped. I went out to make sure the fence was on, and later to check on a coop I couldn't remember locking. Everything was on and locked. Both times no cat food in the DP and I refilled... I am thinking rodents. Box trap was the same

I caught a smaller opossum this morning in the box trap. .. and DP no bait.

I think refusing to go inside there is more than rodents. I am super sad you are missing poults.
I have super glued dog food to the trigger to catch the smaller mice here.

Sounds like you got a smart coon or something else on your hands. Do you have a trail cam? One thing you can do is put yummy sticky stuff on the leaver if they aren’t pulling it.

I agree....more is lurking about.

I like the gooey marshmallow idea.

Good Morning! Looks like I am working on the weekends and get the week off, new people checking into our guest house today. Just for the weekend, and for next weekend, too. Anyone know a great way to get the perfume smell to go away? Our last people, only the second time we have done this, had some perfume smell in the bathroom that seems to keep lingering! Tried Lysol spray, just waiting with the windows open and the fan on, last was Fabreeze, which I think is almost worse than perfume. Suggestions from any perfume challenged people here? I really would like to make it a fragrance-free zone, but I probably would not get any guests. I would rather smell dog than that perfume!
Yikes :eek: That’s gotta be some nasty stuff! My dog reeks most of the time, lol

I think refusing to go inside there is more than rodents. I am super sad you are missing poults.
These hens haven't been in the coop since spring. A couple dominant turkey hens are being bullies. 4 eight ft roosts with 5 turkeys and 12 chickens smh

Lots of candles have the perfume smell, too! When I go to an airbnb I often have to hunt down candles & those plug-in air-fresheners that give me asthma! I am wearing a mask already to clean, maybe a respirator & air tank! :gig

Other than the vinegar about all you can do is wash walls and all hard surfaces.

Good Morning! Looks like I am working on the weekends and get the week off, new people checking into our guest house today. Just for the weekend, and for next weekend, too. Anyone know a great way to get the perfume smell to go away? Our last people, only the second time we have done this, had some perfume smell in the bathroom that seems to keep lingering! Tried Lysol spray, just waiting with the windows open and the fan on, last was Fabreeze, which I think is almost worse than perfume. Suggestions from any perfume challenged people here? I really would like to make it a fragrance-free zone, but I probably would not get any guests. I would rather smell dog than that perfume!
A bowl of baking soda will absorb smells. Or put out coffee beans. They don't neutralize but act as a pallet cleanser.
If you're going to keep doing the air b and b I would invest in an air scrubber or ozonator. They use them to remediate mold and after fires for smoke smell.

Back
Top Bottom