Morning all. Been a rough couple of days. Had a fish tank bottom crack and lost all the water. Did a lot of damage to the floors and baseboards. Maybe some sub floor. I have insurance but can not afford the deductible so just setting out fans and hoping for the best.
:frow Good morning Daniel, try to have the best day you can. So sorry about the leak :hugs

Morning all. Been a rough couple of days. Had a fish tank bottom crack and lost all the water. Did a lot of damage to the floors and baseboards. Maybe some sub floor. I have insurance but can not afford the deductible so just setting out fans and hoping for the best.

How big of a tank? Carpet in the room?

15 gal and it's laminate floor. Water cause it to swell and buckle some.

Keep the fans running on high for at least a week.

I know not everyone can but with your experience in construction you might be able to pull the baseboard and remove a few pkanks to aid drying.

We lost a seal on a 50 gallon years ago....the basement was a water fall. I pulled carpets up that were over hardwoods....yes full carpet over ancient hardwood. Fans helped a ton. We lost the ceiling in the basement but saved the hardwood and subfloor.

Keep the fans running on high for at least a week.

I know not everyone can but with your experience in construction you might be able to pull the baseboard and remove a few pkanks to aid drying.

We lost a seal on a 50 gallon years ago....the basement was a water fall. I pulled carpets up that were over hardwoods....yes full carpet over ancient hardwood. Fans helped a ton. We lost the ceiling in the basement but saved the hardwood and subfloor.
The way that this laminate is interlocking and the way it was laid it would be hard to take up just a couple of boards and it would never really go back in correctly I would have to use a saw and just cut it out. the damage also extended into the hallway because the tank was on a wall between a bedroom and the hallway going down the center of the house. Either way eventually the floor will have to be totally replaced. For now I'm just putting a Band-Aid on it until I can afford to do so. I might be able to talk to the insurance company about just giving me a check to replace the floor and use part of that check to cover my deductible. My deductible is $1,000 and there is at least five to six thousand and damages if you're looking at just replacing that flooring. If I can end up getting a check for 4 to $5,000 that will go a long ways towards replacing it.

For a happier note though I have had two more chicks hatch so far. One is another of the D'Uccles and the other one is the mystery chick that I got. That makes six total and hoping to get three or four more of the MFDs
Screenshot_20200813-141326_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200813-141320_Gallery.jpg

My chicks that have been hatching. Polish and a few Serama.
20200813_000915.jpg

Did you lose a lot of fish? We had a 100 gallon leak all over in one of our stores, but the floor was carpet over concrete.

My chicks that have been hatching. Polish and a few Serama.
View attachment 2288196

Did you lose a lot of fish? We had a 100 gallon leak all over in one of our stores, but the floor was carpet over concrete.
Just 3 thankfully and I was able to save the plants. The betta did survive surprisingly.

Love the chicks BTW. I've never had polish. Do they already have extra head fluff?

Back
Top Bottom