@21hens-incharge Are any of the fires near you? My brother in CA isn't far from the Bobcat fire (the one that was started by a gender reveal party).
He lives in San Gabriel, near the bottom left.
1600393375401.png

His wife posted pics of the sky from their house. It's unbelievable. The mountain that they can see from their home is on fire. He said they don't expect it to get anywhere near their home b/c it'd have to burn through town & make it over the freeway.
Hope everyone's doing well. So sorry to hear about the rock issues w/ River & the lost birds. Bird wise things are good here. Jackie finally started laying again after her meds. Can't remember if that happened before or after I was on here last, but she had a couple lash eggs & the vet put her on antibiotics. Her eggs are really small, not much bigger than a bantam egg, but she's been laying several a week, so making up for lost time, no doubt. Lots of molting going on. William has a very advanced mullet right now. Everyone's still alive, so that's a plus. I think something's off w Toothless, so I'll probably get her into the vet soon. She's not laid an egg since she molted a while ago. She tried to lay a few, but they came out in pieces.
Kids are back in school. Older one has only 2 classes she has to go in for b/c they aren't offered online. She's got 1 other online through 1 college near us, and another she'll start next month from a different college. The younger one is all online, except she goes to the school for band if they're practicing outside. It's not too bad, but today our county went red & now they're school is doing a hybrid model where the in school kids are now going every other day. That starts Monday and goes for 2 weeks until we're out of red. One of the colleges near us has a lot of off campus housing and apparently those kids are all idiots & aren't following guidelines. My kids are older so it doesn't make a difference to us, but it really hurts the parents of younger kids who can't stay home alone.
Took them to the dr last week and the pediatrician referred the older one to a geneticist. Last year a physical therapist brought up the possibility of Marfan or Ehlers Danlos Syndromes, which I'd looked into before b/c of her weirdly hyper extended elbows and dislocated knees. Then she accidentally dislocated my daughter's knee while we were talking and she didn't tell us anything more. The pediatrician agreed that it warranted a look, so she sees a geneticist in January to see what is happening. Hopefully it's nothing and she's just got bendy joints by random chance.
I got to order computers for work for the very first time. It was very exciting. I didn't realize it was also our purchasing person's first time ordering computers too. She started in 2017 or 18 & the last computers we bought were in 2016. They gave me a portion of my budget back so I'll be able to buy a few things this year.
My dad's getting a hip replacement on Tuesday. Luckily my work is fine w/ me taking off & since I have a ton of time it's not an issue, so I'm going to stay w/ him until he's ok to be on his own. He's the typical stubborn old man so he refused to believe me when I said he HAD to have someone stay w/ him at all time when he gets home. He finally accepted it last weekend. Naturally he's doing the 'I need a will' stuff too so I have to get that finished tomorrow.
And, saving the worst for last.. a couple weeks ago one of my cousins died, of a suspected drug overdose. I say suspected b/c nothing's back yet, and b/c they didn't find anything with her that indicated that she'd taken any drugs. She was 35 and the chance that she just suddenly died in her bed for no reason is almost zero. Based on everything it sounds like someone was with her and when she overdosed they grabbed the evidence and ran. Naturally, who ever it was will never admit that they left her to die. She has a son who turned 4 the day after her funeral. They were going to have a big party for him. He's the only grandchild in their family. She had plans, she was going to school. She was trying. She expected to be there for him, but things happened. We hadn't been friends or really talked in years, for obvious reasons. Most of us knew it was going to end up like this eventually, but it doesn't make it any less shocking.
So I think that's about everything that's been happening here. This year has been absolutely exhausting.

@21hens-incharge Are any of the fires near you? My brother in CA isn't far from the Bobcat fire (the one that was started by a gender reveal party).
He lives in San Gabriel, near the bottom left.
View attachment 2338327
His wife posted pics of the sky from their house. It's unbelievable. The mountain that they can see from their home is on fire. He said they don't expect it to get anywhere near their home b/c it'd have to burn through town & make it over the freeway.
Hope everyone's doing well. So sorry to hear about the rock issues w/ River & the lost birds. Bird wise things are good here. Jackie finally started laying again after her meds. Can't remember if that happened before or after I was on here last, but she had a couple lash eggs & the vet put her on antibiotics. Her eggs are really small, not much bigger than a bantam egg, but she's been laying several a week, so making up for lost time, no doubt. Lots of molting going on. William has a very advanced mullet right now. Everyone's still alive, so that's a plus. I think something's off w Toothless, so I'll probably get her into the vet soon. She's not laid an egg since she molted a while ago. She tried to lay a few, but they came out in pieces.
Kids are back in school. Older one has only 2 classes she has to go in for b/c they aren't offered online. She's got 1 other online through 1 college near us, and another she'll start next month from a different college. The younger one is all online, except she goes to the school for band if they're practicing outside. It's not too bad, but today our county went red & now they're school is doing a hybrid model where the in school kids are now going every other day. That starts Monday and goes for 2 weeks until we're out of red. One of the colleges near us has a lot of off campus housing and apparently those kids are all idiots & aren't following guidelines. My kids are older so it doesn't make a difference to us, but it really hurts the parents of younger kids who can't stay home alone.
Took them to the dr last week and the pediatrician referred the older one to a geneticist. Last year a physical therapist brought up the possibility of Marfan or Ehlers Danlos Syndromes, which I'd looked into before b/c of her weirdly hyper extended elbows and dislocated knees. Then she accidentally dislocated my daughter's knee while we were talking and she didn't tell us anything more. The pediatrician agreed that it warranted a look, so she sees a geneticist in January to see what is happening. Hopefully it's nothing and she's just got bendy joints by random chance.
I got to order computers for work for the very first time. It was very exciting. I didn't realize it was also our purchasing person's first time ordering computers too. She started in 2017 or 18 & the last computers we bought were in 2016. They gave me a portion of my budget back so I'll be able to buy a few things this year.
My dad's getting a hip replacement on Tuesday. Luckily my work is fine w/ me taking off & since I have a ton of time it's not an issue, so I'm going to stay w/ him until he's ok to be on his own. He's the typical stubborn old man so he refused to believe me when I said he HAD to have someone stay w/ him at all time when he gets home. He finally accepted it last weekend. Naturally he's doing the 'I need a will' stuff too so I have to get that finished tomorrow.
And, saving the worst for last.. a couple weeks ago one of my cousins died, of a suspected drug overdose. I say suspected b/c nothing's back yet, and b/c they didn't find anything with her that indicated that she'd taken any drugs. She was 35 and the chance that she just suddenly died in her bed for no reason is almost zero. Based on everything it sounds like someone was with her and when she overdosed they grabbed the evidence and ran. Naturally, who ever it was will never admit that they left her to die. She has a son who turned 4 the day after her funeral. They were going to have a big party for him. He's the only grandchild in their family. She had plans, she was going to school. She was trying. She expected to be there for him, but things happened. We hadn't been friends or really talked in years, for obvious reasons. Most of us knew it was going to end up like this eventually, but it doesn't make it any less shocking.
So I think that's about everything that's been happening here. This year has been absolutely exhausting.
Hi fellow Ohioan! I’m not sure whether to give you a thumbs up or a sad face. Whereabouts are you? I’m in portage cty.

Me too! Gville.
Cool! I didn’t know they were also going hybrid. There are at least a couple going in person the full week. I’m SO glad mine’s graduated! We just got a call from the city because things have really ramped up. No offense meant, but, Stupid college kids!! :mad: :rant:he NO one is wearing a mask downtown that I’ve noticed.

They just announced it this afternoon after the report came out that pushed us red. I saw Sboro was going to stay in school. Not sure about anyone else. I think Windham was still all online until Monday, but IDK if they'll stay online now.
Oh, I totally get it! Just wear the stupid mask & stop going running around w/ a bunch of people. SMH. I talked to a guy who said his gf goes to Hiram. They tested every student when they got there. I haven't heard anything about a student there being sick, but I know KSU has a bunch. A guy I work w/, him and his wife had the virus back in April, and they're fine, except they have no sense of smell or taste. Apparently it's a great diet b/c you don't have the urge to bored eat b/c nothing tastes good.

Add 3 weird deaths to my toll.
A little polish mix girl who was part of an abandoned project someone was working on. Monday night she was roosting with everyone instead of the rafters. But temps are dropping at night so I thought she must be cold. Tuesday during the day she just seemed off. I dosed her with ivermectin in case if yuckies and gave her some nutri drench. Found her Wednesday morning on the floor.
Lost Atom my little serama rooster. Basically same story. Except they are in 2 different coops. He survived the night but I found him ice cold and barely alive in the morning. He had gotten the same treatment the night before so added anti cocci meds in the morning just in case. Got him warmed up and he would open his eyes and peep but died later.
View attachment 2338174
Today I let everyone out and all seemed well. Let the dogs out and checked on everyone at about 12 and found this little one.View attachment 2338175
I think it was stung! Half its face was swollen and felt like a water balloon. It was breathing a little rough but I thought from pain more then swelling. I could see its airway was open. Don't have any children's benadryl so scraped a little dust off a pill and mixed it with water. Found it dead a little while later.
View attachment 2338182
So done with this year!
Sorry you lost them. I lost a bunch of chicks about a month old. I think it was a temperature issue. The weather has been hot and then cold.

Last edited:
They just announced it this afternoon after the report came out that pushed us red. I saw Sboro was going to stay in school. Not sure about anyone else. I think Windham was still all online until Monday, but IDK if they'll stay online now.
Oh, I totally get it! Just wear the stupid mask & stop going running around w/ a bunch of people. SMH. I talked to a guy who said his gf goes to Hiram. They tested every student when they got there. I haven't heard anything about a student there being sick, but I know KSU has a bunch. A guy I work w/, him and his wife had the virus back in April, and they're fine, except they have no sense of smell or taste. Apparently it's a great diet b/c you don't have the urge to bored eat b/c nothing tastes good.
KSU had 12 within the first couple of weeks.
We did have a confirmed case on one of our sports teams and now everyone on the team is quarantined including the coaches.
I have severe sinus issues and frequently can’t taste food or drinks. Unfortunately for me, it means nothing is satisfying so I keep eating. I can eat super strong foods and not realize a thing. I love smoked fish for example, but it doesn’t have much flavor. :(

Back
Top Bottom