Its 3 am here... I swear I heard that damn septic alarm going off. Its right outside my bedroom. I woke and heard beeping...waited and heard it again. So I got up and trudged outside but no alarm. I'm really losing it. But after all that effort my brain is awake.
Been in the 50s in the day and low 40s at night. I had to turn the heat on. It wasn't getting sunny enough to warm the house in the day so it kept getting colder inside.
Speaking of the house I did find out I can refinance. My original mortgage company screwed up their estimated amount I would need in escrow by almost $1000. So my payment went up $145 a month. Right after they sent a letter telling me they sold the mortgage. 🤦🏻‍♀️ I had emailed them asking how they possibly could have estimated so wrong and a month later they replied with "Thanks for inquiring. We sold your mortgage. Ask them." Not quite those words but that sums it up. I said it was like handing me ticking bomb and pushing me out a moving vehicle. "Heres a major problem of our making, Goodluck." I got the numbers back and even rolling in the cost of refinance and the back escrow from the mistake my payment will go down. Even from what it was! Interest is so low right now its about 1/2 what I got originally. (I about 💩 a brick when my mom said their first house was 14%)
In other house news I tore up my bathroom floor. The toilet started leaking into the basement. Not a lot but enough I noticed. This house was built like a bomb shelter I swear. On the floor joists they ran what look like 2 x 8 at a 45° angle. Then put subfloor over that. In the bathroom and kitchen at least. The rest if the house is hardwood. So I scraped up all the tile and found tar paper under it. Then when we cut out the bad section of subfloor there was more tar paper.
View attachment 2377344View attachment 2377345
So I have a partially working toilet in the laundry room for a day. The tank is broke so its bucket flush only. Of course the valve won't shut quite all the way so it drips a little. Hence the catch jug. The back corner to the left by the vanity was the worst. It's built in so no removing it. Can't even figure out how its attached. But Dad and I found solid wood all around so put a fan on it to dry just in case. Got filler pieces cut and ready. Even have tar paper to put down. 🤣 I also have flooring to put down but thats a new process to try. Thats the part that worries me. Not cutting holes in the floor or not having a toilet in the house. 😂 Putting down new floor over the old. Going to try and get that thin plywood filler sheet (like 1/8" thick) to put over the whole floor so its smooth and even. The bathroom is so narrow I can float the flooring without glue. Its sheet vinyl. Thats my plan at least. You use literal double sided tape in the doorway and in front of the tub. Then lay it against the walls with a small gap you cover with baseboard. I can't use baseboard nailed to the walls cause ....well.... tile to the floor. But I saved the little silver strip they used and it had a chanel in that I can put the edge in. I hope. If not I guess I'm gluing.
Have other things going on too but I'm chatty at 3 am (now 4) so I'll stop here. Haven't heard the alarm again.🤦🏻‍♀️
Good morning! I hope you have a good day.
I’m SO glad to hear the mortgage is worked out. I hate those escrow letters! We get them every year. They go one way or the other. We had the same thing with the first one, $1300 off. Turns out they didnt calculate a years worth of taxes, just 6 months. Our payment jumped $100/mo, :(
Gotta ask, how much did it cost to refinance? I’ve been thinking about it but dont have anything saved up due to hubs job change. He cut his pay in half!! I had us down to two years in paying off all debt sans house. Thats all I asked before he changed jobs, please wait until its paid. I’m SO mad and frustrated.

I’m SO glad to hear the mortgage is worked out. I hate those escrow letters! We get them every year. They go one way or the other. We had the same thing with the first one, $1300 off. Turns out they didnt calculate a years worth of taxes, just 6 months. Our payment jumped $100/mo, :(
Gotta ask, how much did it cost to refinance? I’ve been thinking about it but dont have anything saved up due to hubs job change. He cut his pay in half!! I had us down to two years in paying off all debt sans house. Thats all I asked before he changed jobs, please wait until its paid. I’m SO mad and frustrated.
:frow Good morning Fishy, have a great day

Good morning Fishy 🙂 have a great Sunday

good morning everyone!

Good morning Cheepteach 🙂 have a great Sunday

I have had time to sort of plan it out. My "plan" would still involve crazy critter chasing and chaos.

I don't think it would be a "you have 5 minutes to get out" thing either. They are doing voluntary evacs and those go to mandatory as needed. We would go while it is still voluntary for sure.

Packing Derps would be far more challenging lol.
You can wrap chickens in newspaper and secure it with masking tape. Like chicken tacos. Lol.

Good morning everyone. :frow

You can wrap chickens in newspaper and secure it with masking tape. Like chicken tacos. Lol.

I recall seeing a post looooong ago with wrapped birds. Crazy funny to see. I think I would crate/box them because evacs here are lasting weeks/months.

Any idea what stung the kiddo?

Back
Top Bottom