Nuttier than a squirrels stash
Premium Feather Member
- Mar 9, 2014
Good morning Good to see you back
Good morning Henny have a great Saturday !Good morning! I been wondering about our MIA folks. Good to see you.
Good morning Bob and Sue. Have a beautiful day!
I had to stand on the lids, rubber mallet might workGood belated morning everybody
Im happy to report that Im actually getting my bum in gear and working on stuff outside, despite the yucky day. I was tricked into thinking it was a nice day outside, i swear. It was sunny and as soon as i went outside it turned yucky. Overcast and precipitating. Not sure what was falling from the sky but it was wet.
* got Zeldas cage fixed. Shes my female American Blue. Th bottom started to give way on her cage. Not sure why, so I had to unhook it and convince her to come out on her own because shes a big girl, 11 lbs?, and put someme 1x1 underneath her hdw cloth. It looked like it was unzipping. Never seen anything like it.
* got two pallets put in the run. The girls were not sure about them at all and wouldnt go near them at first. I had to bribed them with apples
* started getting the new feed storage system in place and discovered that Gamma lids are impossible to put on your bucket. Will need to use a sledge hammer, im sure.
* started to gather everything for the vent holes and thankfully looked before plugging in the extension cord because it is sopping wet. Now I need to wait for it to dry. I put the one end in the house, hopefully it'll speed things up.
* bought a rabbit poo pan and will be putting that under the roost. We just couldnt find our old litter boxes and buying enough new ones for the space was nearly as expensive as one of these pans. We’ll see, but I have good hopes it'll work out. Anybody else remember when litter boxes were a couple bucks? Not anymore. Now all I could find are $7-9! These are just your plain old rectangular box!
* went to move the grit and oyster shells under the deck and found the tub is full of crap hubs has been just tossing in there
Also found that it was wet in there. Would the oyster shell still be good after getting wet? Do they spoil?