The only time I remember hearing talk of frostbite problems amoung Squatchers was a few years ago with Odin, who didn't get along with the other chickens and had a bachelor cave under the coop,so not the best ventilation. He also has a comb that flopped over and waddles that got in the way of everything he did. I don't remember who he belonged to, and he went to a happier flock.

My psych teacher decided that right after Thanksgiving was perfect for 3 chapters, 100+ pages. That meant that the number of discussion questions increased. My biology class has chapters for about every 4 to 5 days, plus labs online, and chemistry has 5-6 things sure a week. Fortunately the only 2 weeks left, then a break before going back to the same type of schedule for winter quarter, cuz I don't know how to not push myself way to hard. I gotta figure out at least one more class for spring, otherwise I won't know what to do with myself. I've never taken a quarter with only one class in my life unless that class is practical experience at 40 hrs/wk.

Last edited:
Good belated morning everybody :lol: :frow

Im happy to report that Im actually getting my bum in gear and working on stuff outside, despite the yucky day. I was tricked into thinking it was a nice day outside, i swear. It was sunny and as soon as i went outside it turned yucky. Overcast and precipitating. Not sure what was falling from the sky but it was wet.
* got Zeldas cage fixed. Shes my female American Blue. Th bottom started to give way on her cage. Not sure why, so I had to unhook it and convince her to come out on her own because shes a big girl, 11 lbs?, and put someme 1x1 underneath her hdw cloth. It looked like it was unzipping. Never seen anything like it.
* got two pallets put in the run. The girls were not sure about them at all and wouldnt go near them at first. I had to bribed them with apples 😁
* started getting the new feed storage system in place and discovered that Gamma lids are impossible to put on your bucket. Will need to use a sledge hammer, im sure.
* started to gather everything for the vent holes and thankfully looked before plugging in the extension cord because it is sopping wet. ☹️☹️ Now I need to wait for it to dry. I put the one end in the house, hopefully it'll speed things up.
* bought a rabbit poo pan and will be putting that under the roost. We just couldnt find our old litter boxes and buying enough new ones for the space was nearly as expensive as one of these pans. We’ll see, but I have good hopes it'll work out. Anybody else remember when litter boxes were a couple bucks? Not anymore. Now all I could find are $7-9! These are just your plain old rectangular box!
* went to move the grit and oyster shells under the deck and found the tub is full of crap hubs has been just tossing in there 😡
Also found that it was wet in there. Would the oyster shell still be good after getting wet? Do they spoil?

Good belated morning everybody :lol: :frow

Im happy to report that Im actually getting my bum in gear and working on stuff outside, despite the yucky day. I was tricked into thinking it was a nice day outside, i swear. It was sunny and as soon as i went outside it turned yucky. Overcast and precipitating. Not sure what was falling from the sky but it was wet.
* got Zeldas cage fixed. Shes my female American Blue. Th bottom started to give way on her cage. Not sure why, so I had to unhook it and convince her to come out on her own because shes a big girl, 11 lbs?, and put someme 1x1 underneath her hdw cloth. It looked like it was unzipping. Never seen anything like it.
* got two pallets put in the run. The girls were not sure about them at all and wouldnt go near them at first. I had to bribed them with apples 😁
* started getting the new feed storage system in place and discovered that Gamma lids are impossible to put on your bucket. Will need to use a sledge hammer, im sure.
* started to gather everything for the vent holes and thankfully looked before plugging in the extension cord because it is sopping wet. ☹☹ Now I need to wait for it to dry. I put the one end in the house, hopefully it'll speed things up.
* bought a rabbit poo pan and will be putting that under the roost. We just couldnt find our old litter boxes and buying enough new ones for the space was nearly as expensive as one of these pans. We’ll see, but I have good hopes it'll work out. Anybody else remember when litter boxes were a couple bucks? Not anymore. Now all I could find are $7-9! These are just your plain old rectangular box!
* went to move the grit and oyster shells under the deck and found the tub is full of crap hubs has been just tossing in there 😡
Also found that it was wet in there. Would the oyster shell still be good after getting wet? Do they spoil?
I had to stand on the lids, rubber mallet might work

Oyster shell don't get bad unless moldy. They dissolve though. I had them in a new garbage can that the handle was on top of the lid and leaked

Good afternoon folks,

Went shopping with Thing 1 this morning. Had to go an hour away for the butter we like. 🙄 Took entirely too long. I'm exhausted. DH took a nap from 4am-6:20am so he could stay up with Thing 2. He had lunch ready when we got back which made things a LOT easier. While we were out, we ran into my SIL at Walmart so we got a bite to eat at the local chick-fil-a and talked for a little bit in the car. I needed to eat anyway because I ate much earlier than I was used to and felt sick.

Good afternoon!
Iv'e been doing a good deed and spreading the chickness to my older neighbors.
They inherited a cochin roo and three ladies from a freind along with a little setup so iv'e been getting it as ready as possible for everyone involved.
I can already tell though im in for a fun time.:)

Odin was Apryl's boy.:)
The only time I remember hearing talk of frostbite problems amoung Squatchers was a few years ago with Odin, who didn't get along with the other chickens and had a bachelor cave under the coop,so not the best ventilation. He also has a comb that flopped over and waddles that got in the way of everything he did. I don't remember who he belonged to, and he went to a happier flock.

My psych teacher decided that right after Thanksgiving was perfect for 3 chapters, 100+ pages. That meant that the number of discussion questions increased. My biology class has chapters for about every 4 to 5 days, plus labs online, and chemistry has 5-6 things sure a week. Fortunately the only 2 weeks left, then a break before going back to the same type of schedule for winter quarter, cuz I don't know how to not push myself way to hard. I gotta figure out at least one more class for spring, otherwise I won't know what to do with myself. I've never taken a quarter with only one class in my life unless that class is practical experience at 40 hrs/wk.

Back
Top Bottom