feel bad for you, but they need wake up call! why do you "dare not" acknowledge their days?? seems they treat you badly--but you don't have to let them!
Wake up call would be great 🤣. Hubs is too thick to get it or just retaliates and kiddo really doesn't care

I have never been married nor have kids. But I have learned that people that don't give gifts, parties and such, don't care about such things. I stopped giving a couple decades ago and it was no big deal to them. Especially men who say that they don't want anything.. it was a relief to them.
That was my experience and yours maybe different with the men in your life.

You could wait to give the gift and see if they say anything. If they say anything haul it out and say, I thought you didn't want anything. LOL
Interesting 🤔. Maybe he finds it stressful? Never thought about it like that really. I try to teach him gratitude though and not doing anything for your own kid just feels so wrong.
I’m working on thicker skin, but it’s tough.

I like posting difficult things on here from time to time because there are many different points of view that give me food for thought and to remind me that I’m not the only one dealing with this @#$& 🤣🤣

Mine has gone a step further, a couple of years ago he stated he wouldn't do anything around the house. He never was one to help, but when he did it showed and I told him how much it helped me out. He hates compliments, but notices/remembers when you dont say anything. :he
Hopefully he moves out soon. He needs his own space. And I need mine.

My hubs is the turd. :tongue

My son told me happy mothers day and asked me what I wanted as a gift. Like 20 other people called hubs phone to have him relay the message. No one has my number.....I prefer the quiet.

Hubs couldn't even bring himself to say it let alone do anything for me. I don't ask much and expect less than I ask but I do need a second set of hands on a couple simple not time consuming things....like installing insulation board in that former duck house.

It is aggravating at times. Then the endless "what's wrong". Um yeah I already told you like 100 times.

I will get my son to help me install the insulation. I NEED that coop finished so I can move the birds. I really want my shop out in the back away from the garage.

My hubs is the turd. :tongue

My son told me happy mothers day and asked me what I wanted as a gift. Like 20 other people called hubs phone to have him relay the message. No one has my number.....I prefer the quiet.

Hubs couldn't even bring himself to say it let alone do anything for me. I don't ask much and expect less than I ask but I do need a second set of hands on a couple simple not time consuming things....like installing insulation board in that former duck house.

It is aggravating at times. Then the endless "what's wrong". Um yeah I already told you like 100 times.

I will get my son to help me install the insulation. I NEED that coop finished so I can move the birds. I really want my shop out in the back away from the garage.
:hugs :hugs

34 here and sunny
Lost 2 turkeys hens yesterday.
Found a headless first thing.. assume owl.
4 pm I was out picking eggs. Everything ok. 5:30 I went back out. Birds alerting and I seen a white lump out by the burn pile. 2 turkey hens were nesting in the burn pile. Ripped out Feathers in the nest, thighs had blood and puncher wounds, windpipe was exposed but no blood. Nothing was eaten. I was thinking canine. Couldn't find any tracks though. Walked Annie around the perimeter and she didn't scent anything. Maybe an eagle or big hawk. ..
The other hen went back to the nest and moved farther in.
Another hen keeps jumping the fence and laying somewhere....under the high power lines, I think. I guess she is as safe as the ones in the poultry yard.
I have been feeling sick to my stomach over all the poor birds. I should still have 20 turkey hens, which is too many. So I guess God is taking care of the extras for me.

Good morning everyone. :frow

We are sitting at 32° with snow on the ground. I am glad I brought my plants in.
There are still a lot in the greenhouse but those are strawberries and flowers. All my tomatoes and peppers are in the house.

I hope no one else is freezing.
Good morning Henny :frow Have a great Tuesday, winter needs to go away :(

34 here and sunny
4 pm I was out picking eggs. Everything ok. 5:30 I went back out. Birds alerting and I seen a white lump out by the burn pile. 2 turkey hens were nesting in the burn pile. Ripped out Feathers in the nest, thighs had blood and puncher wounds, windpipe was exposed but no blood. Nothing was eaten. I was thinking canine. Couldn't find any tracks though. Walked Annie around the perimeter and she didn't scent anything. Maybe an eagle or big hawk. ..
Another hen keeps jumping the fence and laying somewhere....under the high power lines, I think. I guess she is as safe as the ones in the poultry yard.
I have been feeling sick to my stomach over all the poor birds. I should still have 20 turkey hens, which is too many. So I guess God is taking care of the extras for me.
Good morning Mo :frowSo sorry about your turkeys :hugs:hugs try to have a good day.

Good morning folks :frow

Good morning everybody :frow

I dont know why Im upset because its the same thing every time, but i am so upset about mothers day. They did absolutely nothing. Kiddo spent two days telling me about a coworker who worked “until two in the morning” making something for their mom and how he thought that was a stupid waste of time. Come Sunday, he said nothing to me at all and barely even looked at me. Hubs, of course, was no better. This happens on my birthday and Christmas too. Of course I dare not do nothing for his gift giving holiday or even those meant mostly for kids giftwise, Easter, etc. I bought a bunch of decorations for kiddos 21st and now feel like returning them. Not in retaliation, but because he expressly stated he wanted nothing, not even a cake. I was going to keep them, but I bend over backwards and he just doesn't appreciate it so I could use the money more than his surly attitude and dismissiveness over my hard work for his special day.
Fishy just for you :hugs:hugs
Good morning everyone. :frow

We are sitting at 32° with snow on the ground. I am glad I brought my plants in.
There are still a lot in the greenhouse but those are strawberries and flowers. All my tomatoes and peppers are in the house.

I hope no one else is freezing.
:frow Good morning Henny, have a great day and stay warm
34 here and sunny
:frow Good morning Mo, do your best to have a great day... So sorry about the loss :hugs

Back
Top Bottom